Old software version please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Last night Directv pushed down the defective software 0x5c8 version that I rejected and complained about in the CE. I stopped downloading the CE releases about a month ago because of what they did to my picture. Every 20-40 seconds green garbage flickers across the screen. It drives me nuts so I reverted to the national release each week after trying the CE and seeing that it still had the issue. Last night, the defective software was forced down to me. Is there any way to lock in the old national release so that I can watch TV in peace?

HR24/200

Howard

Did 02468 at restart and it downloaded 0x59e. Problem is gone. Phew

Is 0x5c8 newer than 0x59e? In other wards am I through the worst of it or might 0x5c8 be pushed down again?

Dids you actually TRY it this time around or see it coming and decide you didn't want it.
They won't push software to you that is causing trouble, if it's a known issue.
Have you actually Reported it, thru the menus in the recvr ?

I haven't seen any issues like that on my recvrs yet, are others having the same issue, you'd think we all knew about it by now if it's happening to you every week.

I posted the issue in the CE forums a few times before stopping the CE downloads.

Yes I tried it, the problem coming up again was how I knew that a new version was pushed down last night.

It happens when I watch recorded shows, not live tv. Found I can "fix" it by toggling the video mode on the receiver. Comes back again with the next recorded show. Wish I could get the old national back.

I posted the issue in the CE forums a few times before stopping the CE downloads.

Yes I tried it, the problem coming up again was how I knew that a new version was pushed down last night.

It happens when I watch recorded shows, not live tv. Found I can "fix" it by toggling the video mode on the receiver. Comes back again with the next recorded show. Wish I could get the old national back.

You"ll never get an old NR version back as they are continualy updating software on thier recvrs, otherwise you would be using old stale software from when you first got your recvrs.

Jimbo said:
You"ll never get an old NR version back as they are continualy updating software on thier recvrs, otherwise you would be using old stale software from when you first got your recvrs.

I have release ox59e, was this an update to HR 21 receivers? I'm on the east coast ( Charlottesville )

Boy I know I would hate to have that old SDGUI that was quick and responded to the remote all the time! NOT!

The old national that worked perfectly was the new GUI. I would never ask for the old blue GUI back.

The old national that worked perfectly was the new GUI. I would never ask for the old blue GUI back.

You might find some disagreement here and there about that.

Since the first HDGUI 'upgrade', my remote response is the pits. And I've been complaining about the speed of operation. But I've found that strangely all works great if I use the iPad as the remote. No ignoring of keypresses, quick operation of most things. If the iPad app was a little more handy, or if D* could get their own remotes to work properly with my 3 HR24-500s, I'd be a happy camper.

As it is right now, I doubt I'll be with D* much longer if things don't improve.

You might find some disagreement here and there about that.

Since the first HDGUI 'upgrade', my remote response is the pits. And I've been complaining about the speed of operation. But I've found that strangely all works great if I use the iPad as the remote. No ignoring of keypresses, quick operation of most things. If the iPad app was a little more handy, or if D* could get their own remotes to work properly with my 3 HR24-500s, I'd be a happy camper.

As it is right now, I doubt I'll be with D* much longer if things don't improve.

Lets HOPE, your considering moving for OTHER reasons.
Like programming or what not.

hoos51 said:
I have release ox59e, was this an update to HR 21 receivers? I'm on the east coast ( Charlottesville )

My bad, Discussion was on CE release not National, thanks Buckeye.

Since the GUI update, my receiver response is the worst it has ever been, startihng off good, then getting progressively worse. Even before the update. I deleted about a lot of recorded programs and have at 35% DVR space available, but that didn't help. Channel changes take between 15-20 seconds. Screen stays black during this time even after the channel banner appears and then disappears. If I try to input a 3 digit channel number, it only takes the first number, switches to that channel, then the other digits pop up, then it switches to that channel...provided that channel exists. Menu, Guide or recorded programs list takes about 10-15 seconds. It's just been an absolute nightmare. Luckily I still have cable, so I'll switch to watch that instead. I have a tech coming out tomorrow afternoon between noon and 4pm, because for the 3rd time in just over 1.5 years, I'm getting 771 & 771A errors on both receivers. The past two times they changed the LNB and power inverter (or what ever that device is called). I sure hope they get this rectified before the Rangers come on at 3pm!

Lets HOPE, your considering moving for OTHER reasons.
Like programming or what not.

Last time I left it was over HW performance with the sucky HR21. Programming was fine, so was PQ.

This time it will mostly the performance issues being nearly the same after D*'s programmers diligently worked to slow the once speedy HR24 down and finally succeeded. Reading about this latest NR that is ever so slowly creeping out now, it is more of the same with newer bugs in it. Just like when it was a CE.

That said, D* is making it too easy to switch. They can't or won't light up BBCA-HD, which is an irritant and I have said I will not be watching Doctor Who and other shows on BBCA this fall in SD. And in August when my rebates all expire, the combination of my cost increasing around $31/month, the comeback offers from E* for a Hopper/Joey combo, and being able to reduce my HW to one Hopper + one Joey with no loss of ability for my use, I'll not only recover the $240 ETF at that time, I"ll pocket another $240.

For my money, D* is charging a premium price for a not so premium experience.

Last time I left it was over HW performance with the sucky HR21. Programming was fine, so was PQ.

This time it will mostly the performance issues being nearly the same after D*'s programmers diligently worked to slow the once speedy HR24 down and finally succeeded. Reading about this latest NR that is ever so slowly creeping out now, it is more of the same with newer bugs in it. Just like when it was a CE.

That said, D* is making it too easy to switch. They can't or won't light up BBCA-HD, which is an irritant and I have said I will not be watching Doctor Who and other shows on BBCA this fall in SD. And in August when my rebates all expire, the combination of my cost increasing around $31/month, the comeback offers from E* for a Hopper/Joey combo, and being able to reduce my HW to one Hopper + one Joey with no loss of ability for my use, I'll not only recover the $240 ETF at that time, I"ll pocket another $240.

For my money, D* is charging a premium price for a not so premium experience.

If DISH has your programming and D* doesn't, sounds like a no brainer ....

If DISH has your programming and D* doesn't, sounds like a no brainer ....

Yeah it does, doesn't it? :)

Because of what I and my son watch, both services provide nearly all the same things in HD. BBCA-HD on E* and not on D* the one exception that I don't like at all. But if I wasn't having the performance issues, mostly the remote response (or I should say remote ignoring), I wouldn't have looked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)