older 60e and new DSr600??

Trikeman

Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
ontario, Canada
New DSR600 was installed and activated at home on a new installation (after residence change)....
Am now south for the winter.. my "camping" setup is an older 60E quad LNB...

now trying to aim dish and getting nowhere....
reading here makes me think possibly the move caused a newer LNB?? if that is possible... is there any way to reset the receiver to accept the feed from 60E??

or other ideas to help me out??

Last edited:
This has been covered in a few other posts, but you should have bought another XKU LNB for your 2nd location. You can call Shaw to have the receiver switched back to the old KU LNB, but then they will know you have the 2nd location and want to charge you more for it and if they know you are down south, could just turn it off all together. Best to stay under the radar though and just buy a new LNB imho.
You can tune the dish on channel 350 APTN as it is one that comes in on both type of lnb's or even 700 a french channel.

Good Luck :)

I have spent quite a bit of time reading... seems my options are:
1) buy a new xKu LNB... any reliable sources that will get one to me in South Carolina fairly quickly??
Possibly from reading a thread... factory reset of 600 will restore the use of the old LNB... but will that require a "hit" to restore programming??
I want to watch my hockey, but don't want to mess up the other receivers at home...

I have spent quite a bit of time reading... seems my options are:
1) buy a new xKu LNB... any reliable sources that will get one to me in South Carolina fairly quickly??
Possibly from reading a thread... factory reset of 600 will restore the use of the old LNB... but will that require a "hit" to restore programming??
I want to watch my hockey, but don't want to mess up the other receivers at home...

I understand your receiver was activated recently, that would mean your dish in Canada has the new XKu LNB to get Anik G1, the receiver has already been programmed and mapped it.
Now you´re south in SC, you brought the same receiver but with an old 60E dish with the old quad lnb, you won´t get G1 signal with that (I understand you already know that).
But now your receiver needs to be reset to "forget" about the activation with the XKu LNB and map of G1, and just use the Quad lnb and get F1 and F2 sats.
In a nutshell if you´re outside of the G1 footprint and have an XKu lnb this will just bring you problems.
Therefore, I understand a factory reset would do the trick for your receiver, after that you may need a hit to refresh it to show your subscribed programming (only from F1 and F2 sats).

This has been covered in a few other posts, but you should have bought another XKU LNB for your 2nd location. You can call Shaw to have the receiver switched back to the old KU LNB, but then they will know you have the 2nd location and want to charge you more for it and if they know you are down south, could just turn it off all together.

Shaw doesnt mind the 2nd "snowbird" location. well they call it a "cottage" promotion

So is it safe to think a factory reset to "forget" G1, then a "hit" to reauthorize programming should get me up??
I'm willing to try that.... after all I know the G1 footprint seems to be well away from me anyway...
the channels I get without G1 will be a lot better than the nothing I have now...

So is it safe to think a factory reset to "forget" G1, then a "hit" to reauthorize programming should get me up??
I'm willing to try that.... after all I know the G1 footprint seems to be well away from me anyway...
the channels I get without G1 will be a lot better than the nothing I have now...

Ideally you can send the hit by accessing your account on the web (i.e. avoiding calling them directly)
Life ain´t that bad without G1´s channels ;)

Did the factory reset... channel 299 aim dish... signal strength 76... watching TSN and waiting for the guide, will see by tomorrow whether I need to re-authorize programming...

At best, this might work for a day. Only Shaw can change the v-code manually. Once your receiver has been in the stream for a while, it will download the v-code/map and you'll be back to where you were!

Catamount

Apparently a hit to restore programming isn't the cure.... as long as I was just watching and waiting --- about 15 hours ---[FONT=&quot][/FONT] I had access to a bunch of channels, though time hadn't set.... when I sent a web hit.... back to total loss....
Have done a fresh factory rest and watching again .... will try seeing how long it lasts without the hit, while I wait for a xKU lnb....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)