Olevia 242V Problem

jtrippe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Wetumpka, Alabama
I just bought a new Olevia 242V LCD. The picture and all of the features are amazing. However, the TV won't retain my settings adjustments. I've called Olevia and they didn't know what the problem was. They said they would call me back. They didn't. I still have a few weeks to return the unit but was hoping someone would know a fix. I made sure I switched from "showroom" to "home." Here is an example of some of the problems.

I'll scan the locals and pick up a bunch of channels. I power the unit off and back on. Channels are gone.

I set the HDMI input to HDMI. I change sources and come back and it just blinks. I have to set HDMI to HDMI again.

I change the contrast, color or noise reduction, power off and then back on. The settings are changed back to factory setting.

I don't know what is going on. This LCD just doesn't retain the settings or has some type of memory problem.

Any suggestions? I can take it back but the Sears store I got it from won't have any more in for a while. It seems like it should be a simple fix but I can't come up with anything. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think I'd be returning it. Maybe see if you can test the one they have in the showroom and see if it's the same or if it performs normally. Could be a manufacturing defect. Probably not a setting that I can think of. Unless there is another way to defeat the "showroom" mode.
It's gotta be frustrating.

I think I'd be returning it. Maybe see if you can test the one they have in the showroom and see if it's the same or if it performs normally. Could be a manufacturing defect. Probably not a setting that I can think of. Unless there is another way to defeat the "showroom" mode.
It's gotta be frustrating.

Thanks for the reply. Olevia asked that I flash the firmware. I tried this yesterday and it didn't work. I'm having Sears order me a new one today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)