Openbox playback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
Its posible to playback .avi movies stored in a xternal hardrive thru the Openbox USB port??
Thanks

Hmm, I've never tried. Should I lol

Sent from my Phiremod Nook Color @1325MHz using SatelliteGuys

I read that they were working on media playback on the most recent firmware revisions, not sure how compatible (if at all) the playback capability is at this point.

I've never used my Openbox for playback of anything other than the files created on it, so I don't know the answer to your question. However, if you want a truly compatible, upgradeable, and reliable hardware media playback device, I recommend the Western Digital WDTV Live or Live Plus. These little devices will play back nearly anything you throw at them, are networkable, and are very reasonably priced.

I recommend the Western Digital WDTV Live or Live Plus.
These little devices will play back nearly anything you throw at them, are networkable, and are very reasonably priced.
I got one last year, at the recommendation of Linuxman.
It was a factory refurb WD Live Plus for $85 (the non-Plus is half that, but won't do Netflix).
Best money I ever spent.

And tonight, I outfitted one of the systems on my LAN (kind of a server) with a 2tb drive to hold more video.
That was in place of two antiquated 300gb drives, striped into a 600gb fast drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)