openbox s10 beep

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
I was playing with old s9 firmware from jan 2011 on the s10 and noticed there is a signal beep function in the lnb power menu.Also a BER on/off and channel type view.
The s10 tuner was dead and the mac,machine,nc id's were all zero.
The same with march 02, 2011 firmware.
The march 10 and 21 firmware I had was corrupt and wouldn't load/boot.
March 25 was the first to boot and tuner worked.I turned beep and BER on but not a peep out of it in any menu that showed a signal strength/quality.Maybe old s9's had a different tuner with that function and they forgot to remove it from menus in later firmware?The may 5, 2011 firmware still had that option.It would have been nice to have that feature instead of having to swap out receivers to my old coolsat to tweak the fixed dish.

The beep and BER never did anything on the S9, and eventually they disappeared.

I always thought that S9 firmware was supposed to work on an S10, but apparently not all versions did.

going through my firmware supply,I see the 5-24-2011 version was the last to have the beep option.
The january 2011 to early march firmware has no boot logo and the menu colors are different.
Maybe the firmware was during the solomend transition.I know some old s10's had an ethernet card that attached via ribbon cable,so maybe the tuner was different also.People during that time were playing with the boot logo,so some firmware was corrupt and wouldn't even boot.

The lnb power menu also had a view channel type menu.
You could set it to view all channels,scrambled only,or fta only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)