Openbox S16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
I recently acquired an openbox s16 receiver and upon firing it up realized it was loaded with eastern satellites. Does anyone know where I can download the western sats. for this receiver. I checked sat guys no s16 firmware.

Thanks

The GEOSATpro channel list will work if you process the .udf or .abs .Default Database File extraction with an S16 ALI editor program.

North American Development = North American Support :D

Thanks for the information but I don't know how to do what your telling me. I know how to dump the firmware to a usb flash drive and how to upload it to the receiver but that's about it, and I don't know where to find S16 ALI Editor.

Thanks for the information but I don't know how to do what your telling me. I know how to dump the firmware to a usb flash drive and how to upload it to the receiver but that's about it, and I don't know where to find S16 ALI Editor.

Yep! That is a problem... This is when the assistance from your reseller or distributor is necessary. :eek: Check with the seller of the unit and request a compatible channel editor.

Dozens of Chinese factories build similar STBs and even name them the same model, but use different hardware builds and firmware design. ALI chipsets use the same ALI Editor, but use different configuration files. Using the wrong version will corrupt the data and potentially brick the STB. Be aware that there are different configs, boot loaders, and memory allocations. You can't simply assume that a ALI Editor version will work with a specific model.

You might also use the generic ALI export of the MES Editor provided in the microHD Editor Sticky Thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/286548-GEOSATpro-microHD-Editor-Programs
Not sure if it would work on your STB, but you might try if your reseller cannot support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)