Openbox S9 HD settings

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
Trying to set up an FTA motorized system, using the Openbox HD 9
Very confusing for a newb like me.
Got the box from china, deleted the favorites, starting with galaxy 19 for a first try.
1st thing I noticed is the time is whacked, they give you china Italy Germany Asia ect, and no North America, well GMT but thats not US canada.
Am I missing some thing. Also whats the point of trying to set up the internet LAN cable seems like a lot of work.
Any help is appreciated I'm sure ill have more questions down the road
Peter

Set it for Manual and GMT "-" what ever time zone you are in. ie. Eastern time is -5. Yes, fta channels have the time all over the place so it is best to set it manually. Just remember if you unplug the unit or turn it off, you will have to reset time. Also if you are not going to be setting up timers or timed recording you don't have to worry about it.

No need to mess with the LAN setting or any of that, it is not used on that box for FTA.

It would helpful if you would list the equipment you are using in your signature. That way we will know what you have when you ask questions in the future.

Well I didn't want to confuse a newbie and was just saying that for actual reception the LAN port is not needed. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts