Openbox Openbox S9 Receiver Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Search didn't give me anything on this. 2 Openbox S9s on 2 different systems that I haven't used for a while won't lock the movie channel on 127W except when I do a blind scan?? It will scan the channel in, but I can't view it and get zero Q or S?? Micro HD locks it fine on both systems so there's nothing wrong with the rest of the systems.

Any suggestions on this one and yes, the PIDs are correct as are the TP and SR.

Hummm, don't know if there was an issue or not as nothing showed up in the searches I did. Haven't used the S9s for about a year now and the TP and SR had changed on that channel but scanning them in then not having them show ANY Q or S afterwards is really weird.

It is an S2 8psk TP which I understand can be harder to lock.

I will suggest you to update the S9 to the latest release file which is compatible for S9, S10, S11 etc dated 06/18/2012. This is a 3 columns type version and tuning capacity is much better. You will also need to identify if the feed are 16, 32 APSK since some stbs can handled them and other dont.

I will suggest you to update the S9 to the latest release file which is compatible for S9, S10, S11 etc dated 06/18/2012.

Yeah well, seems as though ALL the firmware that was on the old board is now gone?? The price of "progress" I guess? :oldmad That and there's NO firmware of that date on the Openbox Receiver website. Version on these receivers I have is 6/24/11, which is also the 3 column display type.

I'll have to look through my 4 computers to see if I "might" have downloaded 6/18/12 before it was sh*t-canned.

Thanks,

Hey thanks jorgek, but I found it on one of the 6 hard drives in this computer. :oldwink Just got done installing it then did a rescan of 127W and it does the exact same thing as the older firmware did. Oh well!

I guess this is just another of those things that make you go..........Hummmmmmm?

Delete transponder in question. Reboot receiver. Rescan.
That's worked for me and a few other S9's from time to time.

Delete transponder in question. Reboot receiver. Rescan.
That's worked for me and a few other S9's from time to time.

Yup, tried that one with both versions of the firmware, ie, deleted ALL TPs on 127W before I scanned it on both the old and newer firmware. Same old dodo.

No? Just hit enter when I exited the TP menu to delete them? There was nothing in the TP menu afterwards? Will try that with the old firmware that's back in it now.

Well, I have to admit, my S9 also will not scan in a couple TP's. Can't off hand remember which they are, and it's not this one, but if manually adding the TP info then scanning the TP the channels are found. (oh! one is that heros' & icons tp)

still running a s9 here, 11-12-13 firmware, (that is 12/13/11)
i am pretty sure that this is the last actual openbox firmware that will work with the s9
its the best i've found, anyway.
this firmware has both accurate scan and blind scan.
both seem to miss certain different transponders, but if i use both scans, it seems to get everything.
if you want the firmware, pm me your email addy.
some people have made channel lists and named the firmware they use with a later date, but it is actually earlier versions.
some skybox firmwares will work, but i havn't found any of them that the timer worked with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts