Openbox S9 S10 HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
Does the openbox S9 or S10 Hve QPSK and 8PSK and which other ones do besides the Pansat 100HD

Yes, the SSO* does QPSK and 8PSK (DVB-S and DVB-S2) It also does more audio formats than the Pansat 9200.
and which other ones do besides the Pansat 100HD
I think you mean 1000HD. But, any STB that does DVB-S2 (8PSK)will also receive DVB-S(QPSK), that I know of. * SSO- Sathawk, Solomend, Openbox

FaT Air thanks for the good info and i hear that the for $160.00 you can not beat the price and some of the people say that it is better than the Pansat's. Because i might try it with the 1.2M dish with the KU/C band lnb for a test try and report on it. Figure i would give it a try because i am more closer to south because i live near Buffalo, NY and when the snow is 2FT comming deep and cannot see the other persons house i still get 90 Signal Quality and 67-85 Picture Quality on a 90CM Offset Dish.

Thanks for telling me about the S9 and i did not want to spend big $$$ on a HD FTA Reciver.

Hi,

First post on the forum. Just got bitten by the FTA fever about a week ago when my cable service went AWOL for a few hours and missed the NBA finals. Never had a chance to own a satellite dish because until a year ago I lived in an apartment complex were the dishes were shared, two per building (one DTV, one DN) and no other options were allowed. When I moved I just transferred the cable service to my new place but now I'm going to get rid of them. About four days ago I was offered a brand new 40 x 47 elliptical dish (need to confirm dimensions) with stand and linear LNB for $25.00, offer I could not resist!

Back to the topic, I've spent a few sleepless nights trying to decide on what receiver should I buy without incurring in a huge expense. Afterr reading lost of posts in this and other forums I decided on a new Openbox S10 HD. Price??? $139.00 including shipping. As part of the package I also purchased a DG2100 HH motor for $56.00 because it seems there are quite a few options regarding FTA sats I can scan and watch!

I can't wait for the gear to arrive and the weekend to install it! :D

Last edited:
40x47"elliptical dish might be to big for that motor, the DG2100. Not quite sure but you better confirm the maximum dish size for that motor on its specs. I think that one is rated for up to 95 cm dishes. Yours might be bigger and heavier so it will put too much strain on the motor and will likely fail sooner.

Thanks for the info. IIRC the site from were I bought it speced it for up to 1.2m dishes, up to a weight of about 31 pounds. Anyway, my neighbor is dumping two 36in dishes which I may use for my DIY project. I may aim the 47in to the Hispasat or Amazonas sats and leave it on a fixed position then.

BRW, which HH motor do you recommend for the 37, one of Sadoun's DGs??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts