Openbox S9/ S10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got both.. nice units. I tend to like the 10 better. But some cry about the lack of component out like the 9 has. But if u an hdmi guy, then go for the 10

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

I've got an s9 that I got from another member here and have no complaints in the last month other than it doesn't seem to like the external hard drive that I use with my AZboxes? Not a biggie for me but it is something that others may find annoying. I've been told that I need to format that drive for the s9 but there's too much stuff on it and it still works with the AZs so why bother.

FYI, this is one of the BEST and fastest blind scan receivers I've seen to date. Although it won't do 4.2.2 video it makes up for that with the "scan all satellites" feature, which I love.

And the price is right even for a new one @ around $130 shipped.

For members, that have these units, are you happy with your
purchase, not sure which one to purchase.
Will be using Sg2100 along with Invacom Qph-031
Dish is Geosat Pro90cm

Really simple answer..just buy one of each and you'll still spend less than 200 dollars for the pair. I've been able to buy both new for that price.

I've owned both and other than a couple minor differences (S9 has a Euro power plug, S10 has US plug) they both work great :)

I have the S9 and am for the most part a satisfied customer. I loaded an updated software containing the uSA satellites, but as said above, there are things I don't like about all of my receivers. Whatever software version I have, the timer record function doesn't work. (It does manually record) But it picks up channels all my other non S2 receivers won't.

I have an S10, I like it, but I don't use a motor so can't speak to that. My only complaint is the crude recording capability. Not up to today's standards at all. You have to leave it on if you want to timer-record a late event, and it won't turn itself back on to record another event later that night. Very Mickey Mouse-Fisher Price at best IMO, but MAYBE they'll fix it and it will be a good all-around box then.

SS ><>

You're a home town boy, then. :) I moved from Okemos 4 years ago, and lived in several places in Lansing after getting out of the Army in '72 , and my daughter married a boy from Grand Ledge. They're in Seattle , now ! I've got a son, with is family in Bakersfield . Good luck.

You're a home town boy, then. :) I moved from Okemos 4 years ago, and lived in several places in Lansing after getting out of the Army in '72 , and my daughter married a boy from Grand Ledge. They're in Seattle , now ! I've got a son, with is family in Bakersfield . Good luck.

Another baby boomer, born in 49, it is a small world after all, Lansing and Grand Ledge also..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts