openbox s9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am using my Openbox with an Eagle Aspen B1 SAT STACK LNBF. L.O. is 5750, and your vertical transponder frequencies will be off. The problem is that the Openbox will not scan only one polarity. It automatically scans both, and there's no way to set it to scan H or V only. So after a blind scan, you'll have to delete the duplicate channels that will be found. Once your channels are set up correctly, it works well.

When scanning a stacked lnb with the OpenBox, watch the progress bar. Press exit when it reaches 50%, and will save you deleting all the duplicates.

I am using my Openbox with an Eagle Aspen B1 SAT STACK LNBF. L.O. is 5750, and your vertical transponder frequencies will be off.
are they off by 600mhz or something different?

When scanning a stacked lnb with the OpenBox, watch the progress bar. Press exit when it reaches 50%, and will save you deleting all the duplicates.

An interesting thought is that the first 50% scans both vert and horz all at the higher horz voltage, perhaps slightly better performance.

They're off by exactly 600 MHz :) ...
figured that. My Coolsat 8000 you could only use one LNB LO frequency so I put it as 5750 and the vertical were off by 600. At the time it was just the 4:2:2 stuff so it was kinda moot

Since PortaBUD is parked on 87W, where there's only one vertical TP, I've never really thought about the difference. I had to go through my TP list to verify the margin of error on vertical...

Need help and guidance with the Openbox S9

I have this thing and it works fine if I just want to watch TV, but I have tried many times to get a USB external DVD to attach itself to the box. Nothing works. Any body out there know how to do this and is willing to instruct me?

The USB port on an Openbox (and any other satellite receiver AFAIK) will only work with hard drives and memory cards. Optical drives are not supported.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)