OpenVIX blind scan issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I just installed OpenVix and it never completes a blind scan. It sticks at 99%.

I just installed OpenVix and it never completes a blind scan. It sticks at 99%.
I don't see a percent reading just scanning transponder what_of_what is found. Might try a reboot the T2mi tuner driver is a little buggy. Sometimes after a blind scan a reboot is required. The Tuner driver is located lib/modules/5.5.0/extra. It is avl6261.ko
You can save the noT2mi from TNAP3 and replace the driver in openvix or any image using kernel version 5.5.0 but before replacing the driver use putty and do init 4 command and the reboot command after replacing. Before doing any of that make a full backup first.
good Luck!

Sorry, But I should have mentioned that this happens on 99W C-band only.

I don't see a percent reading just scanning transponder what_of_what is found. Might try a reboot the T2mi tuner driver is a little buggy. Sometimes after a blind scan a reboot is required. The Tuner driver is located lib/modules/5.5.0/extra. It is avl6261.ko
You can save the noT2mi from TNAP3 and replace the driver in openvix or any image using kernel version 5.5.0 but before replacing the driver use putty and do init 4 command and the reboot command after replacing. Before doing any of that make a full backup first.
good Luck!

It didn't fix the problem.

TNAP3:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 126904 Apr 2 16:25 /lib/modules/5.5.0/extra/avl6261.ko

OpenVIX:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131496 Apr 2 16:16 /lib/modules/5.5.0/extra/avl6261.ko

It didn't fix the problem.

TNAP3:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 126904 Apr 2 16:25 /lib/modules/5.5.0/extra/avl6261.ko

OpenVIX:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131496 Apr 2 16:16 /lib/modules/5.5.0/extra/avl6261.ko
I guess just don't scan the transponder that hangs.
It doesn't hang on TNAP3?
I don't have C-band just ku here so can't test.

I guess just don't scan the transponder that hangs.
It doesn't hang on TNAP3?
I don't have C-band just ku here so can't test.

It doesn't hang on TNAP3 or SatDreamGr 8 or OpenPLi.

Satdreamgr8 is kernel version 5.5.9 and Openpli is kernel version 5.3.0 so the tuner driver is different. If you put Tnap3 tuner driver on openvix with kernel version 5.5.0 and it didn't fix it then I guess the problem is in openvix blind scan plugin.

I replaced OpenVix with OpenSpa and then replaced it with OpenDroid. They all had problems with blindscan.

I can't remember what I did before that fixed this issue but this blind scan issue on 99.2W has returned and it happens on all 4 images in my box. This is really annoying. I can't think of anything that I've done that messed this up. I might have to look into getting a different receiver.

I picked up another Edision with TNAP 3.0 installed. I too have scanning problems with 99W. But I narrowed it down to a particular transponder. So I do a transponder scan and deselect that transponder (4174V) before doing the channel scan. That transponder also showed when scanning 97W and I had to follow the same procedure.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I picked up another Edision with TNAP 3.0 installed. I too have scanning problems with 99W. But I narrowed it down to a particular transponder. So I do a transponder scan and deselect that transponder (4174V) before doing the channel scan. That transponder also showed when scanning 97W and I had to follow the same procedure.
Doing more research I find that it's not an issue with scanning but an issue with the users patience. ;)

Doing more research I find that it's not an issue with scanning but an issue with the users patience. ;)

Yep, it took a bit of time for it to do a free only scan. But not nearly as long as 105.0W C-band. A free scan on that sat took 2 hours and 26 minutes. I don't know which takes the least amount of time, a free only scan or editing a scan that picks up everything? Editing is a challenge also - especially if an editor isn't tailored to the box you're using.

It's fun when you get older and suffer from CRS. Took me forever to remember why I couldn't get the Ku channels to scan in. Forgot I have to change the setting everybody says to leave alone. My ortho setup requires the "tone mode" to be off not Band.

Reactions: LocutusOfBorg
It's fun when you get older and suffer from CRS. Took me forever to remember why I couldn't get the Ku channels to scan in. Forgot I have to change the setting everybody says to leave alone. My ortho setup requires the "tone mode" to be off not Band.

It sucks to get old. Just ask me...... Anyway, I turned off the tone mode on my mio's since I'm doing only C right now. I could've left it on but I have to be different. If they ever move all the programming to Ku I'll get setup for that and get rid of my C band stuff. I suppose we'll all eventually be doing IPTV instead of satellite someday.

Reactions: Magic Static

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts