Orby frustration please help!

We have no setup instructions. Nothing in box with Equipment from Orby except hardware, compass, and signal meter.
We have had to figure it out as we go.

I assume the microsoft word doc attachment is instructions, have clicked it twice, and it reads page not found

He has adjusted elevation back to proper setting. (we did that trying to adjust everything/anything in an attempt to get some kind of reading on the tv screen).

He has been outside readjusting and moving and I am watching tv screen, goose eggs. We don't understand.
I read the instructions, there is nothing in there that we didn't already do. Same for the orby signal finder app, his setting were same as shown on instructions.
There must be some simple thing that we have wrong, is the only thing that we can think of bc otherwise this makes no sense.
He just came in with signal meter yet again, same reads we have been getting since yesterday, what are we doing wrong?
90% signal strength 0% quality
And, goose eggs on tv screen for both strength and quality.

He has been outside readjusting and moving and I am watching tv screen, goose eggs. We don't understand.
I read the instructions, there is nothing in there that we didn't already do. Same for the orby signal finder app, his setting were same as shown on instructions.
There must be some simple thing that we have wrong, is the only thing that we can think of bc otherwise this makes no sense.
He just came in with signal meter yet again, same reads we have been getting since yesterday, what are we doing wrong?
He used that edge I marked in red in the photo to set 39 elevation?
Pole is plumb and skew and elevation close and some patience should find the signal in the SW sky.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    33.8 KB · Views: 156
  • tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    35 KB · Views: 162

Please note there is considerable lag in the meter built into the receiver. You need to review how to use the satellite finder that came in the package. It should have a audio sound that will let you rough in the dish alignment. For example the cheap squeal meter I have has a gain knob that I adjust until there is no sound but just on the edge. As the dish starts to get on a sat the meter starts to squeal. Then I adjust the gain down a bit and re-peak. Now you should start seeing something (provided you are on the correct sat)

Reactions: FTA4PA
He used that edge I marked in red in the photo to set 39 elevation?
Pole is plumb and skew and elevation close and some patience should find the signal in the SW sky.
Yes to your ? and ty for that image, very helpful to get us in the general sat direction. We are in 32694 zip
We are set at the original settings that I had listed in earlier post, which he got from the orby sat finder app.
We are slowly moving it around, and still nothing. Raining now, so might be done for awhile today.
Ty for all of your help/suggestions/knowledge :)

Yes to your ? and ty for that image, very helpful to get us in the general sat direction. We are in 32694 zip
We are set at the original s ettings that I had listed in earlier post, which he got from the orby sat finder app.
We are slowly moving it around, and still nothing. Raining now, so might be done for awhile today.
Ty for all of your help/suggestions/knowledge :)
He said elevation is at 38.80. He will move it to 39 when rain lets up.

He said elevation is at 38.80. He will move it to 39 when rain lets up.
38.80 is so close to 39 on scale should be able to get signal.
If clouds are in the SW sky yes wait for clear skies.Clouds could stop you from finding signal.
The satellite is high in the sky close to where the sun is today at this time of day in florida.

The external signal meter will be much faster to respond than using the satellite receiver's meter. I HIGHLY encourage you to use the GTMedia meter. From personal experience with setting the Orby system up dozens and dozens of times while RV camping, the receiver's internal meter can often be slow to respond and often lock-ups during aiming. Please confirm the questions I asked in previous post.

The dish elevation scale will be close to accurate no matter what skew is set on the dish. As long as the mounting post is plumb and level, the skew angle is properly set and the elevation is approximately set, you are close to the correct elevation.

Locate a landmark that closely aligns with the compass reading for the satellite. SLOWLY pan the dish East of the landmark 10 or 15 degrees then West of the landmark 10 to 15 degrees. If no Signal Quality reading is displayed on the external satellite meter, increase in one degree increments and repeat the SLOW pan to the east then to the west of the landmark. If no Signal Quality meter reading is found move another one degree and repeat the SLOW pan. Repeat until the Signal Quality meter reading is found then optimized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)