Ordered a Sony XBR65X930C

Clear looked soapier on BD than on regular TV programming. I think Sony does much better than other brands on motion whether on or off.

S~

I agree. I just left my Sony projector on the low setting watching everything. I did turn film mode off as it created slight judder on some material.

Did Clear just make Blu-ray look too Soapy? Ive seen where frame creation works well on 60hz and not on 24hz, and them some brands are opposite. I can see myself leaving it on for Dish and cutting it off for Blu.

One of the nice things with the harmony remote is that you can add that to the activity list and have the mode switching done automatically when you select the source.

Also, I am a firm believer in a bias light for tv's without excellent blacks. I have an Ideal Lume which I love but it does not work well with my close wall mount. I ordered this kit from Amazon and it will be the perfect size and brightness for a 65". I was actually surprised how bright it is. Plugs into USB so its on when tv is on if you want it that way.

Amazon:
Antec Bias Lighting for HDTV with 51.1-Inch Cable (HDTV BIAS LIGHTING)

Wish I was local. I would have taken that off your hands. Looking forward to hearing about your new set.

No call Friday, guess they will call Monday for delivery time. This was the slowest freaking shipment ever, but I got a good deal so...

Well, as expected the freight company is out of touch this weekend and I never did get a call. I will be calling them first thing Monday morning (day 11) and they may not like what I have to say to them.

Yay!!!!

IMG_0194_zpsdjffygtc.jpg

Nooooooo!
images

IMG_0195_zpsdr3rx6za.jpg

Yep. A total of 4 plasmas bought and delivered via freight, even shipped a plasma I sold to a buyer, and the LCD bites me in the ass...

That is the amazing part! I had a 60" Pioneer plasma that arrived broker, but haven't actually seen anyone get an LCD busted. They must have been throwing that thing around! I hope you don't have to wait another 10+ days!

Reactions: gadgtfreek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)