Ordered a Sony XBR65X930C

That is the amazing part! I had a 60" Pioneer plasma that arrived broker, but haven't actually seen anyone get an LCD busted. They must have been throwing that thing around! I hope you don't have to wait another 10+ days!

At least we will be gone this weekend, so I don't have to sit around and look at this little tv for football...

There is a weird mark on the box in that area, and the Styrofoam piece that sits on top in the box had a broken piece in that area too. Something happened.

Ouch.
Sorry to hear!
Did your dealer say it was shippers fault and file claim ?
Hope he send asap.

Ouch.
Sorry to hear!
Did your dealer say it was shippers fault and file claim ?
Hope he send asap.

Yeah, Chris at Cleveland Plasma was on it. I inspected the box on arrival, no "damage" was found because I was supposed to note that on the delivery paperwork. Once the driver left I slid it to the kitchen and opened the top, pulled the styrofoam out and found the power cord. Once I plugged it in and saw the white screen I knew what was up. I took a pic, emailed to Chris and then called him, but got his vmail. All of this was within 15 minutes of the freight guys leaving. They had a truck of Sony's and Samsung SUHD to deliver so they were gone quick.

This was the conversation (he emailed me back in 20 mins):

Me: "Chris, Box was OK, driver left, but the screen is jacked. I pulled the top foam out and plugged it in. Pic attached."

Chris: "ok, tracking tomorrow on new one ;)"

I assume when they drop off the replacement they will get the damaged model. When you order from him he sends you a breakdown of how to handle the inspection and how it is important to swiftly report problems so they can be filed with insurance.

I wonder how many delivered displays show up damaged every week in the US?

Chris has always had a good rep. Talked to him the other day.
I'd say less than 3% are damaged upon arrival.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Chris has always had a good rep. Talked to him the other day.
I'd say less than 3% are damaged upon arrival.

When looking at a display I usually go BBuy (I have a card and can get no interest deals), Amazon (good pricing and no tax) and Chris. I knew I liked him when I was looking at replacing my VT50 over a year ago with a certain LCD and he told me he would gladly take my money, but if he was me, he would keep the VT50 lol. On displays he usually beats both, plus you have free shipping and no tax...

It's amazing what electronics go through to get from point A to B unharmed.

He did tell me that he has like one customer a year that does not inspect the display for a week or two, and then the screen is broken, and they end up buying another display because insurance will not cover at that point. OUCH!!!

fingerscrossed.png

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Yes it, lot heavier than expected. Larger footprint too than the panny because of the speakers.

Shouldnt be any. I will put 30-40 hours on it before Chad comes though, just to ensure it doesnt crap out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts