Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I could not find the College Football thread

Oregon's starting QB has been dismissed from the team

Quarterback Masoli dismissed

Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. -- Suspended Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was kicked off the team Wednesday, two days after a police officer cited him for marijuana possession and driving infractions.

Miller: Masoli Booted

Miller A few months ago, Jeremiah Masoli was a Heisman Trophy candidate and the quarterback of a national title contender. But he blew it. Times two, writes ESPN.com's Ted Miller. Blog

In a statement, the university said Masoli was dropped because he did not "adhere to obligations" outlined by coach Chip Kelly. The coach, through a spokesman, declined to comment.

A Springfield police officer cited Masoli late Monday on charges of possessing less than one ounce of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop when entering a roadway, said Sgt. Tom Borchers of the Springfield Police Department.

Masoli can either pay a fine or contest the accusations at a June 24 court appearance, Borchers said.

Kelly suspended Masoli in March for the entire 2010 season after the QB pleaded guilty to burglary for his role in the theft of laptops and a guitar from a fraternity. Masoli remained on scholarship and practiced with the team this spring in hopes of returning for the 2011 season.

Masoli has one season of eligibility remaining.

Masoli threw for 2,147 yards and 15 touchdowns last season. He also rushed for 668 yards and 13 touchdowns in a season that ended with a Rose Bowl loss to Ohio State.

The San Francisco native finished his Oregon career with 1,386 rushing yards, the most ever by a Ducks quarterback.

Stuff like this boggles my mind. This kid had everything going for him. A good senior season and he makes $$$ going pro... Instead, he blows it and is likely finished...

The weed ican understand, it's college and he's young. The driving without a license is just dumb. But stealing from frat!?!?!? What on earth was he thinking?

I guess the bright side is that it's better this happens now than after he goes pro and is a real roll model for kids.

A Shame ?

A shame would have been had he blown out a knee or had an injury.

I don't feel bad for the guy, because it is SELF INFLICTED stupid stuff that caused all of it.

I meant that he has all this talent and he is wasting it. I should have clarified.
He did this to himself and for that I don't have any remorse for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)