Orlando area WOFL OTA EPG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DobieLuvr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
between jobs
Anyone in the Orlando area having an issue with the Fox 35 OTA (35-01) EPG not being correct? I have a VIP622 and it has been mapping the wrong info for months. The Dish feed (35-00) is correct. I know they are working on this, just wondering if others are having the same issue, and on which STB's.

I have the same issue with KMYL-DT (014-01) here in Lubbock.

Dish has the guide for KMYL (014-00 and 7945) correct, but the OTA HD channel is mapped to another stations data.

I have been fighting with tech since November, and they still keep telling me they cannot guarantee OTA reception - clueless!

All they need to do is link the guide for (014-00 and 7945) directly to the guide for (014-01), but I haven't got the message through as of yesterday.

I have a 722k, 2 211's and a 211k and the problem is on all three.

Fight ON!!

I have the same issue with KMYL-DT (014-01) here in Lubbock.

Dish has the guide for KMYL (014-00 and 7945) correct, but the OTA HD channel is mapped to another stations data.

I have been fighting with tech since November, and they still keep telling me they cannot guarantee OTA reception - clueless!

All they need to do is link the guide for (014-00 and 7945) directly to the guide for (014-01), but I haven't got the message through as of yesterday.

I have a 722k, 2 211's and a 211k and the problem is on all three.

Fight ON!!

From my understanding after talking with Echo* engineering the EPG should map from sat to any stations OTA. I got mine working, I don't know yet if they changed anything, but they had me delete the channel from the 'locals' list and re-scan for locals. After I rebooted my 622 problem was solved. As I said I don't know if they changed anything on their end, I know they were in contact with WOFL. Might be worth a try deleting 14-01 and re-scanning.

I know what you mean about fighting with the tech CSR's, if it's not in their script, forget it.

From my understanding after talking with Echo* engineering the EPG should map from sat to any stations OTA. I got mine working, I don't know yet if they changed anything, but they had me delete the channel from the 'locals' list and re-scan for locals. After I rebooted my 622 problem was solved. As I said I don't know if they changed anything on their end, I know they were in contact with WOFL. Might be worth a try deleting 14-01 and re-scanning.

I know what you mean about fighting with the tech CSR's, if it's not in their script, forget it.

Today I had a call from a tech with Echo* engineering about this issue. He must have been working on DobieLuvr's issue. I reported a problem with WOFL OTA listings in an email to dishquality@echostar.com in January. He wanted to be sure my problem from back then was indeed fixed.

WESH also had a problem then. They were very responsive in working on both problems and had me try a few things. They did something on their end and had me rescan locals which fixed both problems. They tech I talked with today said the station was sending something invalid that happened to match up with a Texas station.

I don't know what types of problems they can address at dishquality@echostar.com but they certainly fixed the incorrect guide data.

Were it not for the SatelliteGuys community I would have never known about the dishquality address and I'm sure I'd still be cussing this problem.

It seens that Dish ises the TSID to tie guide data to an OTA channel, unfortunately the incorrect guide data here shares TSID number with the primary and a third sub channel - all show the same programming and 2/3 of it is wrong.

We have two other stations that have sub channels and their sub channel guide data is correct, I still do not fully comprehend what the actual issue is.

Anyone in the Orlando area having an issue with the Fox 35 OTA (35-01) EPG not being correct? I have a VIP622 and it has been mapping the wrong info for months. The Dish feed (35-00) is correct. I know they are working on this, just wondering if others are having the same issue, and on which STB's.
I contacted the FCC about Wofl since phone calls and email to the station fall on dead ears. Here is the response from the FCC:
FCC Consumer Help Center (FCC Complaints)

Feb 27, 3:56 PM EST

Hi - That station is on an interim antenna that is oriented in a way that reduces coverage in areas of the east coast of Florida, particularly for consumers with indoor antennas. The station filed a construction permit extension back in November and in that filing stated that it would be back on its permanent antenna by June.

The FCC did not force the station to operate on an interim antenna, that is the stations’ decision.

We also want to provide you with the contact info on the station’s website (wofltvreception@foxtv.com or 407-741-5150) just in case you had different contact info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts