Edision OS MIO 4K+ and Stab HH90

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rocksahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
6 years ago I moved and gave up my 10' dish setup, which included a 4DTV and a Prof-8000 et.al.

I now have a southern exposure and picked up a 90cm GeoSat Pro. The HH90 does not respond to the USAL commands form the MIO 4K+. Is it possible that the MIO 4K+ doesn't support the Stab HH90 USALS, and I need to use a diseqc? I will need to order a diseqc to use if that is the case. Or is it something else, like a DOA HH90?

Thanks

6 years ago I moved and gave up my 10' dish setup, which included a 4DTV and a Prof-8000 et.al.

I now have a southern exposure and picked up a 90cm GeoSat Pro. The HH90 does not respond to the USAL commands form the MIO 4K+. Is it possible that the MIO 4K+ doesn't support the Stab HH90 USALS, and I need to use a diseqc? I will need to order a diseqc to use if that is the case. Or is it something else, like a DOA HH90?

Thanks
I have a MIO 4K+ and it controls my 90cm Fortec Star with a Stab HH100 properly. Also using it for a 10 foot SAMI with Diseqc commands.

OS Mio 4k supports USALS and STAB motors. What image are you running?

Would be helpful to see the menu settings. Please attach two screen shots of the tuner set-up menu for the satellite tuner and motor settings.

My MIO 4K (not the "+") runs an HH120 Stab motor, think it would work the same as an HH90 except slower. Make sure you set up your USALS (your coordinates for your spot on the planet) so it knows where to point relative to your dish antenna location. Think you need a minus "-" for western hemisphere longitudes.
I think on mine I had to set up "my" USALS position for each satellite that used USALS (the stab HH120).

As Brian requested above it would be helpful to see your setup screen for that satellite, or any satellite that is set up to use the HH90 motor. Keep in mind though maybe don't include your exact coordinates if you post to the forum unless you want us all to know exactly where you are... :)

Thanks.
My MIO 4K (not the "+") runs an HH120 Stab motor, think it would work the same as an HH90 except slower. Make sure you set up your USALS (your coordinates for your spot on the planet) so it knows where to point relative to your dish antenna location. Think you need a minus "-" for western hemisphere longitudes.
I think on mine I had to set up "my" USALS position for each satellite that used USALS (the stab HH120).

As Brian requested above it would be helpful to see your setup screen for that satellite, or any satellite that is set up to use the HH90 motor. Keep in mind though maybe don't include your exact coordinates if you post to the forum unless you want us all to know exactly where you are... :)

How do I enter a “-“ sign in the longitude field instead of the leading zero?

What image? Screen shots?

TNAP USALS location entry does not use a negative numerical entry. Enter your install location's latitude and select North then longitude and select West.

I entered the USALS entries into TSReader as well with the same results when using the the TBS5520. The cable run is less than 25 feet. The cable is the same cable that was used in the same location for a Directv install. I am exchanging the HH90 unless someone points out something obvious. It bothers me 'cause I have been doing electronics as toys for more than 40 years, and my experience tells me that stuff is almost never DOA.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    181.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    178.1 KB · Views: 226
I entered the USALS entries into TSReader as well with the same results when using the the TBS5520. The cable run is less than 25 feet. The cable is the same cable that was used in the same location for a Directv install. I am exchanging the HH90 unless someone points out something obvious. It bothers me 'cause I have been doing electronics as toys for more than 40 years, and my experience tells me that stuff is almost never DOA.

Thanks

Near as I can tell, that looks good. Are you going through a switch? If so, you will probably need to set up for which LNB and enable diseqc ports. I'm not familiar with that "auto diseqc".

After some more trial and error I found that if I select a specific sat to move to via USALS the HH90 works. However, it won't move when using the straight up move east or move west option. Shouldn't those work as well with USALS?

Move East, West and Save position are DiSEqC 1.2 functions and not associated with executing the USALS function calulation.

USALS positioning is automatic and based on a calculation taken from the install location's longititude/latitude and the satellite's orbital position. USALS is executed by selecting a satellite from the activated list or a service from the logged services lists.

Move East, West and Save position are DiSEqC 1.2 functions and not associated with executing the USALS function calulation.

USALS positioning is automatic and based on a calculation taken from the install location's longititude/latitude and the satellite's orbital position. USALS is executed by selecting a satellite from the activated list or a service from the logged services lists.

I understand how USALS works. Because my output is a single 90cm dish, does the DiSEqC function require an actual DiSEqC switch inline, or is it baked in to the receiver and selected by simply changing the setting to DiSEqC in the setup?

Guess I thought that the software would know that when move east or move west is selected it would be able to identify the commands to do so and select the protocol necessary to do so.

No inline switch or switch programming is necessary for a single LNB system. In the tuner set-up menu, use one LNB profile for all satellites using the same signal path, i.e. LNB1 for all KU satellites. Configure the tuner set-up for each satellite for DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS: ON. Leave other DiSEqC switch settings off.

I don't know of any STB that uses the East or West motor move command to initiate a "GoTo" USALS calculation and motor movement to a new satellite position. In USALS mode, a satellite or service selection issues the calculated "GoTo" command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts