osmio4k positioner settings question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
What is the purpose of this Calibrate setting under Tune and focus? When I select it, it displays "GotoX calibration" and then starts moving the dish. What exactly is being calibrated?

Calibrate is for changing the reference "0" from a default to an offset position when using a HH type motor (and some positioners). Then the Calculate function will apply the calibrated offset to all saved satellites. positions.

I'm not using USALS (until I get my Ku antenna plumb again). I'm just using a C band polar mount antenna right now.

OK. I tried using it but I keep getting some error message about the eastern limit can't be determined. Sometimes I get that with autofocus for both east and west.

Maybe the subject should be covered a little deeper.
What kind of dish mover is being used?
If it's a polar mount with linear actuator are you using a vbox or ASC-1?
I understand that DISEqC 1.2 is bi-directional communications. But is it being used to talk back to the receiver?
My assumption is that only a go-to signal is being sent and the receiver is 'dumb' to position, limits, etc.
And using the signal peak function (auto focus) still requires a save position in an ASC-1.
The other functions I have not tried out. I just occasionally punch E-W to get max signal while watching a channel and then saving it on the dish controller.
As far as USALS motors go. Are they dependent on receiver commands other than a baseline geographic position?
This has interested me but hasn't really been covered.

Maybe the subject should be covered a little deeper.
What kind of dish mover is being used?
If it's a polar mount with linear actuator are you using a vbox or ASC-1?
I understand that DISEqC 1.2 is bi-directional communications. But is it being used to talk back to the receiver?
My assumption is that only a go-to signal is being sent and the receiver is 'dumb' to position, limits, etc.
And using the signal peak function (auto focus) still requires a save position in an ASC-1.
The other functions I have not tried out. I just occasionally punch E-W to get max signal while watching a channel and then saving it on the dish controller.
As far as USALS motors go. Are they dependent on receiver commands other than a baseline geographic position?
This has interested me but hasn't really been covered.

The C-band polar mount is using a linear actuator powered by a Gbox. As for USALS motors, I've operated my SG2100 with both geographic location (USALS) as well as "non-geographic" positioning (like a polar mount) - either way works just fine. My SG2100 and 1 meter Ku dish is 12 feet up on a tower and isn't plumb right now so I won't be messing with that for awhile. I'll probably bring it down to the 8 foot level for easier maintenance and since I won't be able to see the Atlantic birds due to the neighbors jungle. I just finished repairs and re-alignment of the BUD but I didn't see any significant improvement in signal levels. The BUD uses a Titanium C-band LNBF (I'm too lazy to look up which model).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts