osmio4k positioner settings question

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
What is the purpose of this Calibrate setting under Tune and focus? When I select it, it displays "GotoX calibration" and then starts moving the dish. What exactly is being calibrated?

Calibrate is for changing the reference "0" from a default to an offset position when using a HH type motor (and some positioners). Then the Calculate function will apply the calibrated offset to all saved satellites. positions.

I'm not using USALS (until I get my Ku antenna plumb again). I'm just using a C band polar mount antenna right now.

OK. I tried using it but I keep getting some error message about the eastern limit can't be determined. Sometimes I get that with autofocus for both east and west.

Maybe the subject should be covered a little deeper.
What kind of dish mover is being used?
If it's a polar mount with linear actuator are you using a vbox or ASC-1?
I understand that DISEqC 1.2 is bi-directional communications. But is it being used to talk back to the receiver?
My assumption is that only a go-to signal is being sent and the receiver is 'dumb' to position, limits, etc.
And using the signal peak function (auto focus) still requires a save position in an ASC-1.
The other functions I have not tried out. I just occasionally punch E-W to get max signal while watching a channel and then saving it on the dish controller.
As far as USALS motors go. Are they dependent on receiver commands other than a baseline geographic position?
This has interested me but hasn't really been covered.

Maybe the subject should be covered a little deeper.
What kind of dish mover is being used?
If it's a polar mount with linear actuator are you using a vbox or ASC-1?
I understand that DISEqC 1.2 is bi-directional communications. But is it being used to talk back to the receiver?
My assumption is that only a go-to signal is being sent and the receiver is 'dumb' to position, limits, etc.
And using the signal peak function (auto focus) still requires a save position in an ASC-1.
The other functions I have not tried out. I just occasionally punch E-W to get max signal while watching a channel and then saving it on the dish controller.
As far as USALS motors go. Are they dependent on receiver commands other than a baseline geographic position?
This has interested me but hasn't really been covered.

The C-band polar mount is using a linear actuator powered by a Gbox. As for USALS motors, I've operated my SG2100 with both geographic location (USALS) as well as "non-geographic" positioning (like a polar mount) - either way works just fine. My SG2100 and 1 meter Ku dish is 12 feet up on a tower and isn't plumb right now so I won't be messing with that for awhile. I'll probably bring it down to the 8 foot level for easier maintenance and since I won't be able to see the Atlantic birds due to the neighbors jungle. I just finished repairs and re-alignment of the BUD but I didn't see any significant improvement in signal levels. The BUD uses a Titanium C-band LNBF (I'm too lazy to look up which model).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts