osmio4k question

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
How does one set the default C-band blind scan freq to start at 3700 instead of 3400? I don't see a way to set it in any of the menus.

I am sure that this default could be changed in one of the files, but might break LO setting functions. When blind scanning satellites without signals below 3700 MHz, there wouldn't be any time reduction in the blind scan duration. If no valid carriers are detected, no analysis is performed.

Another question is how reliable is the signal strength meter suppose to be in the positioner setup? Most of the time it's not a problem but it does frequently mess up and momentarily goes to some ridiculous value such as 65 dB C/N (> 100%). When that happens I have to reboot the osmio4k to eliminate that issue so that the search east and search west function will work again. Otherwise the search east/west won't work properly (immediately stops because of the bogus metering). Actually there are other issues that requires a reboot to "fix" the issue (such as the streaming to Android TV box (T95Z) issue).

Never have heard of this problem before.

It would really be helpful if your posts would indicate what image and version you are running. As you know, the E2 images and versions can be quite different and some are very buggy.

Never have heard of this problem before.

It would really be helpful if your posts would indicate what image and version you are running. As you know, the E2 images and versions can be quite different and some are very buggy.

TNAP 3.2

Run TNAP 3.2 image almost exclusively and have not observed the SNR meter to lock-up.

I suppose the automatic tune and focus process might be problematic if selecting a transponder that has a similar parameters on a nearby satellite, but that is only a guess. Maybe see if it happens if using specific transponders?

I rarely use the positioner set-up screen as I optimize dish position and skew much faster (10-15 seconds) than the automated sweep and peak process. It is a fun feature that most STBs don't have, but I don't have the patience for the automated function process.

Reactions: bigg t
Run TNAP 3.2 image almost exclusively and have not observed the SNR meter to lock-up.

It doesn't lock up but it does a mometary surge to some bogus C/N reading as soon as the search east/west feature is activated. Sometimes it's as low as 7 dB but most of the time it exceeds 20 dB. Whatever the value, it causes the search west/east function to halt immediately rather than continue moving the dish until it sees a valid received signal. This happens on both of my osmio4k's running TNAP 3.2 (each mio is connected to separate C-band dishes). These C/N surges happen with the step east/west feature also. Rebooting clears the problem but this is a recurring issue. I haven't checked to see if this happens with other firmware.

I suppose the automatic tune and focus process might be problematic if selecting a transponder that has a similar parameters on a nearby satellite, but that is only a guess. Maybe see if it happens if using specific transponders?

It doesn't matter which satellite or transponder or side of the arc. It's an immediate halt whenever the search or step feature is initiated.

I rarely use the positioner set-up screen as I optimize dish position and skew much faster (10-15 seconds) than the automated sweep and peak process. It is a fun feature that most STBs don't have, but I don't have the patience for the automated function process.

I have the patience but the autofocus will fail to complete if going east or west and the received signal doesn't drop to zero. The autofocus will only step +/- 17 steps from the starting point. So, you have to be at or very close to the peak in order for the autofocus to complete or the osmio will give a message that it can't determine the east limit or the west limit. So, I use the manual step east/west for peaking.

But I do like the convenience of search east/west when setting up the receiver and actuator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)