OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

If possible, could a DIRT member find out if a fix for this issue is being actively pursued? If Dish is not working on a fix and/or it's a low priority for them, I agree with locking the thread for now.
The last time someone from DIRT commented in this thread was the end of May... I don't want to be presumptuous and they say that they're avoiding this topic, but decide for yourself :D Of course, commenting isn't necessary either. They could monitor it, forward the reports to the proper group, and issues get fixed within days or weeks. I don't think -- I could be wrong though !! -- that that's happening either though.

I'm just patiently waiting for DISH to add our locals in HD. Because our market is so small I doubt DISH will care at all to add our missing guide info for the one main OTA that doesn't display it let alone any of the subchannels.

I sent an e-mail to the dishquality e-mail and got the stock "we've forwarded it to the correct dept. Should be fixed in 10 days" response

I gave all the channel numbers and TSID info too...I wish they could fix the two that they carry in the Dish locals but since the channels moved numbers they dont have the guide info

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Guess that teaches me to ignore the tech forum. Although I only did get my outdoor antenna running just last month.

In Cleveland, we are missing:
WEWS 5.2 - Live Well Network
WJW 8.2 - AntennaTV
WEAO 49.3 - Mhz WorldView

Of course, I suspect Dish is now ignoring these requests. I bet some bean counter decided it was not worth it to provide guide info for channels they do not provide. I really wish, though, they would reconsider.

Heck, it would not surprise me that they are worried that if smarter subs that added OTA would see all the great programming on OTA and decide we could ditch Dish. But that is foolish as anyone that decided to add OTA would be likely already knows what is available.

I still want DISH to fix the guide info for the main OTA channel for our CBS station that they do provide the SD version for!

If you are having a problem with your guide showing incorrect data please send me a PM with your phone or account number along with your DMA area, and any other specific channel information you have so I can report these issues. Thank you!

If you are having a problem with your guide showing incorrect data please send me a PM with your phone or account number along with your DMA area, and any other specific channel information you have so I can report these issues. Thank you!
Haha !! Expect a LOT of PMs now !! :D

By the way, these issues are NOT account-specific. People should be able to simply re-post their info here.

Dayton OH market

WPTD, channel 16-2 = Digital Service >> should be "Again"
WKEF, channel 22-2 = Digital Service >> should be "Cool TV"

I did that over two weeks ago with another DIRT member who said they reported it already and obviously nothing has been done to resolve this yet.

OK, let me first start off saying I love the DIRT team and think they are extraordinarily helpful and the best customer service team out there. I'm sure they would get us help on this if their superiors would let them.

But I do notice some subtlety of statement. "Incorrect data" is not the same as no data at all. From that I get the sense that they are willing to help if they are providing data and it is wrong, but not if we only see "Digital Service"

I really hope Dish will reconsider. From reading this thread, it seems some get MeTV listings (myself included, on WOIO 19.2) while others don't, some get Antenna TV listings while others don't (myself included, on WJW 8.2, this time on the "don't" side), and some get This TV listings (myself included, on WUAB 43.2). It seems if they buy the listings for these channels, it is just some programming to get it to the rest of us.

Of course, I also hope they would consider buying listings to other subchannels, like my aforementioned Mhz WorldView (WEAO 49.3) and Live Well (WEWS 5.2), but that is more understandable.

From reading this thread, it seems some get MeTV listings (myself included, on WOIO 19.2) while others don't, some get Antenna TV listings while others don't (myself included, on WJW 8.2, this time on the "don't" side), and some get This TV listings (myself included, on WUAB 43.2). It seems if they buy the listings for these channels, it is just some programming to get it to the rest of us.
I don't know anything about your local stations, so I apologize if these seem obvious....

Does Dish carry WOIO 19 ?

Do they carry WJW 8 ?

Do they carry WUAB 43 ?

Well since Raymond wanted info I sent it to him. Here is what I sent Dishquality the other day

Hello
I am a Dish sub with a 211k and do a fair amount of over the air recording. There are a couple channels that the guide info is either wrong or missing and was hoping maybe these could be fixed. All are in the Minneapolis DMA

KSTC 45 (Dish 8577 maps to 45). 2 months ago the OTA channel remapped from 45-1 to 5-45. KSTP (the ABC affiliate) owns both stations and wanted to streamline their channel numbering. Since Dish carries the actual channel this seems to be more a repoint in the system (so it points to 5-45 and not 45-1).
45-01 KSTC TSID 0x063B, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 8577)

TPTLIfe (Dish 8580 maps to 17). This channel has been mapped to 2-3 OTA for over a year now. What is weird is the Dish tables show it should have guide info but doesn't.
2-03 KTCI TSID 0x0645, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 8580)

WUCW-DT2 (not carried on Dish). Channel 23-2 shows guide info but is off by one hour. So guide info for 8-9PM shows as 7-8PM
23-02 WUCW2 TSID 0x0637, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 14279)

I dont know if it would be possible to get guide info for RF 45-03 KSTC-DT3 (maps to 5-3) and RF 45-04 KSTC-DT2 (maps to 5-4) added. This has guide info for "MeTV" (5-3) and ThisTV (5-4).

Thanks!

as for the ones with digital service
2-3 (KTCI) TPTLIfe (again Dish carries this on channel 17)
5-3 (KSTC-DT3) MeTV
5-4 (KSTC-DT2) ThisTV
5-45 KSTC (again Dish carries this on channel 45)
23-2 (WUCW-DT2) Cooltv (guide off by an hour)
23-3 (WUCW-DT3) Country Network
41-1 KPXM Ion
41-2 (KPXM-DT2) Qubo
41-3 (KPXM-DT3) Ion LIfe
45-5 (KSTP-DT2)...worked when it was mapped to 5-2 now it doesnt

Well since Raymond wanted info I sent it to him. Here is what I sent Dishquality the other day

Hello
I am a Dish sub with a 211k and do a fair amount of over the air recording. There are a couple channels that the guide info is either wrong or missing and was hoping maybe these could be fixed. All are in the Minneapolis DMA

KSTC 45 (Dish 8577 maps to 45). 2 months ago the OTA channel remapped from 45-1 to 5-45. KSTP (the ABC affiliate) owns both stations and wanted to streamline their channel numbering. Since Dish carries the actual channel this seems to be more a repoint in the system (so it points to 5-45 and not 45-1).
45-01 KSTC TSID 0x063B, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 8577)

TPTLIfe (Dish 8580 maps to 17). This channel has been mapped to 2-3 OTA for over a year now. What is weird is the Dish tables show it should have guide info but doesn't.
2-03 KTCI TSID 0x0645, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 8580)

WUCW-DT2 (not carried on Dish). Channel 23-2 shows guide info but is off by one hour. So guide info for 8-9PM shows as 7-8PM
23-02 WUCW2 TSID 0x0637, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 14279)

I dont know if it would be possible to get guide info for RF 45-03 KSTC-DT3 (maps to 5-3) and RF 45-04 KSTC-DT2 (maps to 5-4) added. This has guide info for "MeTV" (5-3) and ThisTV (5-4).

Thanks!

raymond basically told me there will never be any guide info for this-tv here :(

what sucks is the online guides (titantv and zap2it) show guide info
Even the DTVPal converter box (that dish made for OTA) works and shows guide info

raymond basically told me there will never be any guide info for this-tv here :(

What is puzzling are the inconsistencies of some areas (or subscribers) getting the data for a specific channel and a different area (or subscriber) not getting the data for the same or same type of channel. In other words, I get guide data for THIS-TV from 2 different channels in 2 different markets. And, gpollok87 is getting nothing from THIS. Go figure...

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)