OTA Guide Data ?

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
Now that I have locals from Dish I am receiving OTA guide data, except for the locals I just received. My question is... My local stations are broadcasting different names (ex. NBC-HD) than Dish (WLIO) is, so would this be the reason that there is no guide data for these locals?

Lima's WLIO isn't carried on Dish, therefore they won't provide (or have) the guide data for it.

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
Lima, OH Local Network Package

Please note: Only channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high definition off-air antenna.
Local channels currently available in this package:
Locals Package - $5.00 per month*

Code:
* Station          * Local Channel Number    * Dish Channel Number
* LIMA ABC - WLQP     * 18                            * 6580
* LIMA CBS - WLMO     * 38                            * 6581
* LIMA FOX - WOHL     * 25                            * 6583
* LIMA IND - WTLW     * 44                            * 6584
* LIMA PBS - WBGU     * 27                            * 6585

Actually it is on Dish. It is channel 6582. It is not listed on the site for some reason. 8(35), 18, 25 and 38 are the only ones not populating. 44 and 27 are. I believe this to be a naming issue. The name of all the other stations correspond to the names dish is sending so the guide is populating. The names of the other 4 are different.

Contact Fred Vobbe at WLIO. Ask him if he changed the "TSID" for their channels and if he did, he needs to contact Dish (using internal contacts he'll have) and give them the updated information.

Don't waste your time calling Dish. They won't "understand" the issue and they'll blame the station anyway....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)