OTA Program Guide Information (VOOM ONLY)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Do you get PG information or you never get it? I have always gotten the information on my PG but I know there are others who have not ever. Have you?

Yes, I do have two channels that I can't watch: one wrong language and one non-existant channel, but still can't get my actual local channels mapped. Maybe some day...
Vooming since Feb 10th

I get 15 OTA and programming info for all of them. Of course CBS has 4 that are left over sd channels from the NCAA tournament and PBS has one hd and 3 sd channels cut from the HD bandwidth all running full programming ruining the 1080i so bad that they went to inferior 720p. No more "wow" on PBSHD for me.

Just to make sure we all understand the question. This is not about OTA mapping problems but it is about those that have OTA channels mapped correctly and are getting a signal but cannot get PG information for their OTA channels.

To me this is a big selling point for VOOM since it is extremely important to have PG information for your OTA channels. I am going to pass the information to Wilt to see why there are people not getting the PG information for locals. He may ask to get more specific information. I will let you know what his response is.

Suprised

I am suprised that the "No" percentage is so high. I thought I was very much in the minority.

Last week Voom told me that they were scheduling me for a new box (have not heard anything since then).

I have no other problems with my box, it works great, no blackouts or freeze ups. I just don't get information in the PG for OT channels.

However my local Sears gets the same channels that I do and they get the PG information.

I noticed a difference in their setup. There (Sears) OTA map is 127, mine is 126. I told tech support this and he stated that it should not matter. Our region number is the same.

Remember, I live 2 miles into Alabama, my Sears is located in Georgia.

Hopefully I will soon report 100% Vooming in Alabama. Right now I can only say 90% Vooming in Alabama, but the HD is amazing!! (I miss my TIVO)

I do not get the PG for my OTA locals but I was not clear about whether it's because the transmitting stations are not sending any PG info or it's the receivers I use are not able to display them.

I have dish 811 and had dish 6000.

-Mark

I do not get the PG for my OTA locals but I was not clear about whether it's because the transmitting stations are not sending any PG info or it's the receivers I use are not able to display them.
With VOOM, it shouldn't matter what the transmitting stations are sending. All info you see in the guide is sent over the satellite by VOOM.

I wonder if some Dish Network folks are voting in this thread? :)

Dish Network Voters???

Everyone that has voted, please think about it for a minute, if you voted as a Dish Network customer, please post a reply so that your vote can be resended.

Actually, I do not think any of you made a mistake. I think Voom has a problem and needs to address it.

I Have never got any PG info for my local stations They are mapped fine and can watch most of them fine.Been installed for about 3 weeks now, talked to voom and installs inc said they were going to change box that was 2 weeks ago have not heard nothing from anyone

Good news for those stuck with this problem. Just got this from VOOM:

"This is a well known issue that has been fixed, code-wise, for almost a month. There has been a series of delays in getting it moved to production, but I am optimistic it will be this week. Not a box issue - there is a synch problem between OTA maps and OTA listings in our back end (Billing) system. "

Let me know if by the end of this week, yours is fixed.

Sean Mota said:
Good news for those stuck with this problem. Just got this from VOOM:

"This is a well known issue that has been fixed, code-wise, for almost a month. There has been a series of delays in getting it moved to production, but I am optimistic it will be this week. Not a box issue - there is a synch problem between OTA maps and OTA listings in our back end (Billing) system. "

Let me know if by the end of this week, yours is fixed.

I also do not receive OTA guide information for certain local channels (specifically ABC, NBC, CBS). I do have OTA guide info for the PBS stations, but I don't receive those stations. I have been working with someone at Voom for over a month (Peter Reeves). On March 23rd, I received the following email:

"This was a known bug, that was reported "fixed" to me 3/14. I found out
today the fix is not yet in production. Nothing you can do - we have to move
the code into our back end (billing) system. Its a synch problem between
off-air data and off-air maps - too boring to get into. But - we know the
problem, the fix is done, I just need to find out why it is not in
production yet. If it is going to take more than a couple of days I will
have them hand-fix your account.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I thought we had put this one to rest....

Peter"

I have to switch to Dish receiver to see what's on the local channels. As of today (4/5/04), still not fixed.

Don't Forget About Alabama

I too have never received info in the PG, but I can watch the channels.

Sat Map 4560
Off-Air May 0126
# Sat Channels 131 ( was 132 just a second ago, must have lost one )
# Off Air Channels 05
IPG Region: 14

Sat Signal Quality: 97
Sat Signal Power: 74 / 15.82

Voom told me over a week ago that it was my box and they would schedule a box replacement. Then I heard nothing. Now, it is not the box, but it is a software problem.

I will give them until the end of the week. Still loving the HD.

I get the guide in Atlanta for 10 OTA channels. I receive CBS, NBC, ABC and WB great, TBS (HD and STD) and UPN fringe, PAX and Univision no signal. No PBS :(

Waiting for Problem to be Corrected.

I hope this thread does not get pushed to the back of the forum before the problem is corrected.

I know that very few people commented on this poll but dtill 20% are showing a problem.

Hopefullly Voom will correct the problem by Friday.

PG information working for all channels here at zip of 55337.

One problem, PG information for our local HDNet affiliate shows PG information for HDNet. Affiliate programming is not the same as "vanilla" HDNet.

Programming for our HDNet affiliate here in Minneapolis can be found here:
http://www.kstc45.com/programming/TVframe.htm

Voom OTA for 55337:
2-1 thru 2-5: KTCA
4-1: WCCO
5-1: KSTP
7-1: KCCO (Out of antenna range)
9-1: KMSP
9-2 thru 9-6: KAWE (Out of antenna range)
11-1 thru 11-2: KARE
12-1: KCCW (Out of antenna range)
17-1 thru 17-4: KTCI
22-1 thru 22-6: KAWB (Out of antenna range)
23-1: KMWB
29-1 thru 29-2: WFTC
41-1: KPXM
45-1 thru 45-2: KSTC

AntennaWEB.ORG does a good job of finding what channels we are capable of receiving. We receive all channels listed there for my zip.

I've never heard of KCCO, KAWE, KCCW or KAWB.

Please follow these intructions and report back if still does not get your the PG. It apparently was done and put in production.

Sean,

Report is that this was finally fixed in production this morning. If you have specific posters who reported this, can you ask them to do a power cycle and then check their listings (need to wait for listings to reload)?

If nothing, then a factory reset should be tried.

Let me know what you hear.

If it still does not work - give me a couple of names and we will send a hit. Not sure what level of "shock" is needed to get this straight.

Mine Were fixed

I had pg ota channels that were always saying no info or off air even when they were on 24/7. But Wilt and Peter got them all added and the pg info is now correct showing all pg info....not just the HD shows.

He also added some missing channels.........but he said they will be going to a scanning software soon.......so I guess depending on your OTA reception at any given time, it will only list channels that are being received. If this is true, does that mean we won't be getting any no signal messages for OTA? If it's not receiving it won't be in the pg? Our pg ota channel list possibly could change at any given time?

Sean, please add me to list.

Rick McGowan
Phenix City, AL
Install Date: March 13, 2004

Able to watch locals, just no info in PG.

Did a reboot, factory rest, unplug/replug. These actions did not fix my problem.

Thanks for your assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)