OTA recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EricBskiVT

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
I can see where some might end up paying for the locals pkg just to make OTA recording easier. I finally have it figured out and more efficient to set up a manual timer. Is there a way to add an identifier so that the recording has something more descriptive than "Digital Service?" I would like to be able to distinguish between "War" and other OTA recordings.

I can see where some might end up paying for the locals pkg just to make OTA recording easier. I finally have it figured out and more efficient to set up a manual timer. Is there a way to add an identifier so that the recording has something more descriptive than "Digital Service?" I would like to be able to distinguish between "War" and other OTA recordings.
Without your local package, that's what you are stuck with. DVR Advantage package includes locals and DVR fee. Check it out.

Without your local package, that's what you are stuck with. DVR Advantage package includes locals and DVR fee. Check it out.
Thanks, I will check it out. Before dropping it, my locals pkg was $6 I think.

DVR Advantage

If I get DVR Advantage, will it merge the Dish locals (SD) with the OTA HD in the EPG? I guess the secondary digital OTA channels (mini weather channels and extra Public TV channels) would still just show as "Digital Service."

If I get DVR Advantage, will it merge the Dish locals (SD) with the OTA HD in the EPG? I guess the secondary digital OTA channels (mini weather channels and extra Public TV channels) would still just show as "Digital Service."
We have had our OTA antennas running through our 722 since we got it. Once the EPG information started showing up, it showed for ALL the channels, including the secondary channels. The only ones we have as "Digital Service" right now are the channels that we just started getting with a new antenna.

Geoff

Thanks for your help everyone; DVR Advantage only added $1.03/month prior to taxes. It's a no brainer.

Can you tell me how you figured out how to manually record over the air.
Kind of just bashed my way around until I found Manual under the Timers option. I'd be more specific but am not at home. Rather than scroll down thru channels and times, you can enter numbers directly. If you need more info, let me know and I'll check it this evening. But DVR Advantage is the way to go.

Kind of just bashed my way around until I found Manual under the Timers option. I'd be more specific but am not at home. Rather than scroll down thru channels and times, you can enter numbers directly. If you need more info, let me know and I'll check it this evening. But DVR Advantage is the way to go.

I just looked and here is how to do it (on the 722):
1. Push "Menu" on Remote
2. Push "7" (Daily Schedule)
3. Go to "Timers"
4. Go to "Manual Timers"
5. Set Options (Frequency, Type, Channel
6. Go to "Edit Time"
7. Set Start and End Times
8. Click "Done"
9. Click "Create Timer"

Geoff

Can anyone tell me how to send OTA from the 722 to my TV2 with only one rg6. Just got hdtv in bedroom and would like to see hd locals there?

Can anyone tell me how to send OTA from the 722 to my TV2 with only one rg6. Just got hdtv in bedroom and would like to see hd locals there?
Use a splitter at the 722 to merge the TV2 coax with an OTA cable. The signals from both Dish and OTA will be sent to TV2.
You can get a 2nd OTA cable by splitting the OTA cable before connecting to the OTA connector on the 722.
However, I achieved the same effect by using a 50' triple composite cable from my 622 so I didn't have to use the BNC for Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)