OTA with Voom

What happens if you ALREADY have a great OTA antenna setup with preamp & rotor???
Do they try to mess it up???

Worst case let them install their own antenna and switch it over to the good setup later. While the level of knowledge & cooperation of installers vary significantly, mine thought it was a no brainer to use my 61.5 dish & in attic antenna setup. Worked fine, everyone happy.

Fenceman. Scroll up through the thread & http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=2052

Send me the channels you are range of and your zip and we'll pass it on to Voom, then you'll need to do the factory reset/front panel reset dance after the mapping is done back at Voom. Hopefully you have another tuner to compare what you should be getting for digital channels, antennaweb.org will help there too.

rudolpht said:
Worst case let them install their own antenna and switch it over to the good setup later. While the level of knowledge & cooperation of installers vary significantly, mine thought it was a no brainer to use my 61.5 dish & in attic antenna setup. Worked fine, everyone happy.

Fenceman. Scroll up through the thread & http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=2052

Send me the channels you are range of and your zip and we'll pass it on to Voom, then you'll need to do the factory reset/front panel reset dance after the mapping is done back at Voom. Hopefully you have another tuner to compare what you should be getting for digital channels, antennaweb.org will help there too.

Thanks for the reply,here is what I have.
The channels I get pretty clear:
6.1 46.8mi. away
9.1 44.9mi. away

All digital channels off antennaweb.org for 33844:
56.1 25.5 mi.
6.1 46.8 mi.
23.1 45.1mi.
15.1 45.9mi.
14.0 44.9mi.
65.1 46.8mi.
35.1 45.5mi.
9.1 44.9mi.
18.1 44.7mi.
68.1 46.8mi.
2.1 26.8mi.

Do you think it would help getting a larger antenna,or raising the stealth up higher? I do have some large oak trees within 50' of my home.
Thanks,
Thefenceman

Any way to check channel #

Is there a way to check and make sure reciever is set to recieve the right channel? In CT they added WTIC 61-1 this week. I think it broadcasts on channel 31. I was wondering if Voom could have it setup wrong. The reason I ask is because I don't even get a blip of a signal and I am only 20 miles from tower. There analog signal comes in excellent here. I know they aren't at full power but I don't think are real low power like WFSB. I get WFSB fine. I use a cm3671 VHF/UHF combo antenna and cm 7777 preamp. I know people in Ct that are getting signal at twice the distance I am. I am fairly high up and think my line of sight is good. I can pull in analog UHF from NYC which is 75 miles so I know antenna is good.

I am scheduled to have VOOM installed tomorrow. I am very excited.

Forgive me if this has been asked before; I have a two room setup, one HDTV one SDTV. I have seen the advice to run a separate line for the OTA antenna.

How will I get locals on my SDTV? Will there be a total of four lines from the dish; two to my HD and two to my SD??

Thanks

jcbmrtn said:
I am scheduled to have VOOM installed tomorrow. I am very excited.

Forgive me if this has been asked before; I have a two room setup, one HDTV on SDTV. I have seen the advice to run a separate line for the OTA antenna.

How will I get locals on my SDTV? Will there be a total of four lines from the dish; two to my HD and two to my SD??

Thanks

Yes a total of 4 lines and there should be no charges for these.

pmalve said:
Is there a way to check and make sure reciever is set to recieve the right channel? In CT they added WTIC 61-1 this week. I think it broadcasts on channel 31. I was wondering if Voom could have it setup wrong. The reason I ask is because I don't even get a blip of a signal and I am only 20 miles from tower. There analog signal comes in excellent here. I know they aren't at full power but I don't think are real low power like WFSB. I get WFSB fine. I use a cm3671 VHF/UHF combo antenna and cm 7777 preamp. I know people in Ct that are getting signal at twice the distance I am. I am fairly high up and think my line of sight is good. I can pull in analog UHF from NYC which is 75 miles so I know antenna is good.

Pmalve something is up with channel 61.1, I get 100% signal with my directv reciever and zippo with zoom. From Mansfield CT

xboxer said:
Pmalve something is up with channel 61.1, I get 100% signal with my directv reciever and zippo with zoom. From Mansfield CT

Sean, can you check this out? It seems funny that I am not alone with this.

xboxer said:

Are you using the same antenna and coax for both receivers? That's very strange. Have you done a factory reset on your box to see if something comes up? What's the Quality signal and power number when you select this particular station?

On the Zap2It channel listings, they have my local digital (2 I can't even get) but they do not list the Analog channels, will the Voom box pull in the Analog channels?

DarrellP said:
On the Zap2It channel listings, they have my local digital (2 I can't even get) but they do not list the Analog channels, will the Voom box pull in the Analog channels?

Voom box is digital only.

Sean Mota said:
Are you using the same antenna and coax for both receivers? That's very strange. Have you done a factory reset on your box to see if something comes up? What's the Quality signal and power number when you select this particular station?

I don't know about xboxer but my quality number bouces from 18 to 25 on this channel. Signal power is 35. Could they have mapped the wrong channel? There was something going on here in CT with the channels and the FCC. I think some channels were trying to change there channel assignment.

when i hit the info button Should i be able to see programming information on my local stations 4-1 5-1 etc, instead of it saying not available

traxxs said:
when i hit the info button Should i be able to see programming information on my local stations 4-1 5-1 etc, instead of it saying not available

Yes, after a reboot or power cycle it takes betwee 10-15 minutes for the receiver to fill the PG with information.

Sean Mota said:

Same antenna same cable, just switching between both recievers. Same as Pmalve bounces between 18 and 25.

xboxer said:
Same antenna same cable, just switching between both recievers. Same as Pmalve bounces between 18 and 25.

That's very strange. that you can get 100% on your other receiver and yet on VOOM only 18 to 25. Ummmm.... Don't know what to tell you?

Check that the OTA module on the back is not loose. I would do a factory reset for the heck of it to see what I get. It looks like the OTA module is not reporting enough signal strength when it is there. Could it be that these OTA modules are not operating properly?

Sean Mota said:
That's very strange. that you can get 100% on your other receiver and yet on VOOM only 18 to 25. Ummmm.... Don't know what to tell you?

Check that the OTA module on the back is not loose. I would do a factory reset for the heck of it to see what I get. It looks like the OTA module is not reporting enough signal strength when it is there. Could it be that these OTA modules are not operating properly?

You may be right, hopefully all will work out ok. I might try and switch my second voom box with this one since we dont have the antenna hooked to that one. I will keep you posted.

HI just tried channel master 4228 in my zip 17976 and nothing no signal, had pre amp too I'm giving up on local will keep cable, I did try, stealth, square shooter, and then the big 8 bay channel master, live in a valley about 40 miles from tower , oh well Jeanie

My OTA impressions after 2 days: WOW!!

The DVI output of this box beats the pants off my Dish 6000's Component. Watching Cold Case & Alias last night OTA was a real treat, pure eye candy. The image popped off the screen and was almost 3-D it looked so good. Sydney Bristow never looked so delicious!!

I used my existing antenna and after the installer left, I put the Stealth together and hooked it up to my Analog set (sans amp) and tuned in every OTA analog channel perfect. Great, clear picture so it is a fairly decent antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts