Output Voltage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbshelton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2008
Kountze,Texas
What should the output voltage to the LNB be on a C band receiver? My 4DTV and Toshiba 1420 both show 20 volts. Toshiba TRX80 shows 17.5 volts. What is the minimum to get a picture?

That sounds about right, Depends on the lnb, but most are rated from 15 to 24 volts dc.
Your lnb should have the specs on the decal. If not do a google search and find the specs.

17 volts should be fine. PLL lnbs are the most sensitive to low voltage.

veritcal polarity is around 13 volts and Horizontal is around 18 so try a vertical channel and see what you get for voltage

On the lnb's with non-voltage type polarity (servo motors), it's like truckracer said 15-24 volts, I thought it was 17-24 volts, but his answer is close enough for me.

sample

... most are rated from 15 to 24 volts dc.
I looked on the DMSI site and didn't find any specs on either their C nor Ku LNBs
I looked on the Sadoun site, and didn't find anything useful (to this discussion ;) )
Then, I took a look on a DMSI reseller, IvyStonePlace and found:

BSC211 C-band LNB:
DC SUPPLY +15~25 Volts at 150 mA
NOISE FIGURE 17° K ( MAX )
OPERATING TEMPERATURE -40° C ~ +60° C
R.F. FREQUENCY RANGE 3.4 to 4.2 GHz

That's only one data point and you shouldn't assume yours will work down to 15 volts, but if ya have something fairly new, it might.
So, I guess that leaves us performing a test on what we got, huh? :cool:

I have tried my dms bsc 211 lnb on my chaparall feedhorn at 13v dc and it still works!
I am sure there are some losses but it still works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts