Outsourced Customer Service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've had to make a few recent phone calls to D* regarding changes to my service that I couldn't take care of online and it's been extremely noticeable, to me, that my calls are no longer being taken by "Tony from North Dakota" or "Wanda from Georgia." The CSRs I've talked to, both males and females, now have a certain accent associated with a certain Asian country famous for outsourcing.

Just curious, has anyone else noticed this too?

Interesting. I haven't called in a few months, but as late as a few months ago, they did not have any sort of accent such as what you describe.

I think it has to do with the AT&T buyout. Before the merge, I seemed to always talk to someone with no accent. Well I had to call for an issue after the merge, and I got "Bob" from India or wherever they outsource too. I think it's AT&T doing it. They need to make up the money they spent on buying DirecTV, so every penny helps.

Reactions: HIFI
From Dallas, I just about always get a U.S. call center. I think my call would only go to the Philippines if the local call centers were busy.

They have always had a customer service center in the Philippines. I've gotten them a few times.
Really? Except for the past couple of times (including today, I had to call again--the box to return one my receivers still hasn't came after 2 weeks) I've always talked to someone here in the states ever since I've had D* service.

I learn something new on SatGuys every day :)

There has been a call center in Mexico for years... Close to home operations in El Segundo, CA

I called today to change to my programming and spoke with Bonnie in Utah.
When I called in September to add hardware it was also with someone in Utah.

Most of the time when I call in it's from the US, Utah, maybe Colorado type places.

Sometimes it's out of the country, I think alot of it has to do with what time of the day you call.

They do not have a Utah call center. Even going to dish.com/careers it shows every state a CS job is available, and Utah is not on the list.

Definitely in Colorado. For obvious reasons. Including our wonderful DIRT team....

I hope someone's not going to that web site if they're looking for a job with DIRECTV. :)
Whoops. This was one of the rare times I visit the DTV forum and didn't check where I was responding. I deserve the backlash I get.

Reactions: scots
I hope someone's not going to that web site if they're looking for a job with DIRECTV. :)
Ok, this time I searched anywhere I could find, and the only thing that directv linked me to for call centers in Utah was a company named Fujora. Never heard of them, and a Google search gave me basic info, somethings about an IT company. Atleast on their "about us".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts