Gain:60db
Noise Figure:0:6db
Fortec Star 32" Dish
Stab HH90 rotor
4X1 Diseq switch-no installed
Lat. 36.689
Long. 83.136
Declination=5.4

Tried in Feb of 06 could not get going. Have diabeties wound on foot so stooped until now. After much reading here. Trying again. Amc 9 is due south sat elevation 47.5 check pole, it is plum and due south as much as possible. No sig on Amc9. Tuned to Galaxy 10R Had Lnb set to universal 10750but no difference in signal when rotor stopped. Set to universal 9750/10600 and sig climbed to 80% during rotor movement then maintained 79% level with no quality which I know thats what I want. Then I saved by accident and it scaned and got Dishnet 119 channels, of course, no picture because of scrambled channels.

1.Does this tell me Im 4 degrees east of Galaxy 10 and simple correction of dish will solve this?

2.Please tell me what exactly I should enter in the usuals setup as far as Lnb Lo Freq or should I use 1.2 setup.

3.I have a Disqu switch but it is not installed. Sould it be?

I've read enough to know you guys are great at this and help many. I've read Iceburg's faq on Lnbs, but am confused somewhat. Please help me get this confusion over with as far as the lnb goes.

Thanks,
Crwshr

:confused:

The first thing you need to do is find your true south satellite and get setup on that. Yours is really Nimiq 2, so I would borrow or get a cheap DBS (circular) LNB and use that to tume Nimiq 1 first. AMC 9 is hard to tune because it doesn't have a 24/7 signal.

You'll need live and current tps. Amc9 can be a pain to lock cause tps sometimes changes. You'll get tps signal but no id sometimes. I rember when I first locked onto amc9 I had realy strong signal then all of a sudden it went dead. I did a blind scan found that the tps went silent.

crwshr said:
Amc 9 is due south sat elevation 47.5 check pole, it is plum and due south as much as possible. No sig on Amc9.
I don't know if your Pansat 2700a is like my Pansat 3500s, but if it is. AMC9 is listed as being at 85.0w in the set-up. You will need to change this to 83.0w, then do another blind scan and see if you can get something. You should be able to get the DATA channels. If it is like this and you had it pointed at 83.0w and didn't get anything (although you should have), and then you moved it to 123.0w, your receiver thinks it's moving from 85.0w and you will not be at 123.0w when you get there, because it's off. You may not understand what I'm saying, but trust me on this. If you're using AMC9 to line up your dish, you need to make sure that Pansat has it listed at 83.0w in the set-up.
crwshr said:
1.Does this tell me Im 4 degrees east of Galaxy 10 and simple correction of dish will solve this?
Yes, that's what it should be telling you.
crwshr said:
2.Please tell me what exactly I should enter in the usuals setup as far as Lnb Lo Freq or should I use 1.2 setup.
The L.O. frequency should be 10750 and I like to use USALS myself. The LNB Type should be Standard. The 22k switch should be Off. The Diseqc switch should be off (since you're not using it).
crwshr said:
3.I have a Disqu switch but it is not installed. Sould it be?
Not unless you are getting signals from 2 or more LNB's.

Al

Just a little more Pansat 2700a again

Ok guys thanks for the help. I will not give up. So far I've only got to a 73% level--not quality after lots of trying I know all is right in set up just can't figure it out moved dish up and down righ and left. Pole is level and plum checked each time and time again. I know I have a southern view at 47.4 elevation the dish looks like it points to high but up and down adj does nota. I am using 90 feet good FG6. I read over a certain length may affect signal. I think Iceberg told someone this. But I forget. Please don't make me find it again. How long should I go with the FG6 cable? Will I have to change any of the polarity settings when doing a scan? It's set to all. I also show 3 TPS on Amc9 is this right? I've also heard I should do a blind scan in the setup. I show only a sat. scan, network scan, advanced scan and smart scan. I also think I've read one of these is a blind scan but again I've forgotten. Please help me finish this, mind boggler any and all suggestions helpful. Sorry I posted orginally in the wrong section won't happen again.

Thanks again,
crwshr

Smart Scan is the same as Blind scan use that!

100' of Good RG6 is NOT a problem!

Nothing much on AMC-9 I will send you a strong LIVE Transponder by PM.!

If you are using the motor, the elevation for the motor on the pole should be set at just below 37, if 36.7 is your latitude. And the dish elevation should be set at about 24.2. At least that's what I come up with.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)