Pansat 6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Finally got this 100% hooked up using the dual lines. The scan is about the same speed as my 1500 (way less than the Coolsat) but the Pansat seems to pick up stuff that the Coolsat overpasses (maybe because the Coolsat scans too fast)

Couple things I noticed now (and maybe they were mentioned already)
-bulk delete (the 1500 I have to go to the channel, then hit “OK” then arrow to next channel and repeat. The 6000 hilites the channel you want to delete and moves the the next channel.
-Channel Sort is pretty cool. I sorted all radio channels by name (all I have is Dish & ExpressVu audio in mine) so most was sorted. I still fine tuned it to my liking.
-No dreaded Pansat issue when scanning a DBS slot. The old Pansats threw 13 dummy channels per TP in the list. This doesn’t. So I can scan the DBS slots for free stuff and not have to worry about deleting 500 channels
-real time clock doesn’t lose time :D

I noticed the signal meter seems to be more stable than the 1500 and also on some TP’s it’s a little higher. One drawback is you need a solid signal to keep the picture stable (otherwise the PVR seems to freeze the picture). I only noticed this on a news feed that was at a 40 (I think 40 is the threshold)

Iceberg:

Thanks for the comprehensive review on the 6000 and the follow up to the questions asked by the members.

I really want to have a PVR built in to my IRD and the 6000 seems to be the one to get at this time. I'm using a 3500s which I like alot, but I miss having a PVR feature. It seems as though the 6000 is the best receiver with that feature on the market at this time and I'm seriously considering going for it.

Thanks for the review.

looks like there is a fresh version of software for the 6000....dated 1/6/06 (and there is a 12/08/05 version too)

maybe that can take care of a couple bugs....we will see :)

6000PVR_1.jpgWas just looking at the latest edition of tele-satellite and they have a review of the Globaltech GSR-6000 PVR , couple of pages away is an ad for Pansat 6000, I did a double take, these receivers are exactly the same. Wonder if the firmware is identical.

Last edited:
jayelem said:
View attachment 7008Was just looking at the latest edition of tele-satellite and they have a review of the Globaltech GSR-6000 PVR , couple of pages away is an ad for Pansat 6000, I did a double take, these receivers are exactly the same. Wonder if the firmware is identical.

very possible

found out the differences with the software

the original factory stuff wasnt keeping 1.2 settings right. It would be off by one nudge. Both (12/8 & 1/6) took care of this.

Another thing on recordings...if it was a long program (hockey game) it splits the recording into segments. When you play them back it plays just fine but it must make it easier to find stuff :)

original did 33:30 segments
12/8 did 46:30
1/6 does 1:16:30 segments :D

stock photo of backview

From left to right

Antenna in/out
a/v plugs & AC-3 output
s-video and data port
dish 2 in and loop out
dish 1 in and loop out

6000Rhxc2.jpg

I like the Component out on the CoolSat 5000Receiver, better than the standard Video and S/Video, on the Pansat 6000... Have you compared the quality of the output for Pansat vs. Coolsat???

I dont have a TV that does component so I can't check that way. I have both units run into a a/v switcher box. Picture looks the same to me :)

YAY!!

New factory software (1/26/06). Will try tonight and see what happens..hopefully it gets rid of those little "hiccups"

Seems like some people are confused as to what software I use. In every one of my boxes I used the LEGAL software in it. I have had too many PM’s, e-mails and posts nuked because people get the idea that the software I use is the same stuff the hackers use.

Sorry…don’t use that crap in my boxes. The software I loaded into it came from www.pansatusa.com and is an update (1/24/06) over the older stuff (1/4/06)

Didn’t really get to play with it much last night.

I don’t remember if I could do this before but I had a program recording and I could go back to the beginning and watch what was recorded while it still is recording the show. Hit “OK” and you get the live show.

Another thing they added is a safety feature when recording. If you hit stop it says “Do you want to stop this program? Hit OK”. Use to not do that so you had the issue of accidentally stopping a program.

two things added with the new software

-while you are recording, you can go back and start at the beginning and watch the beginning while its still recording
-if you record audio, you can skip 25 seconds ahead or back (couldnt do that before...you had to play it and couldnt ff/rewind it)

tried to record two shows on different satellites (not at the same time) and it did record both. I had it set to record NASA for 5 minutes then move to IA6 and record Doc Scott.

Both recorded but I suggest setting the 2nd timer a minute early so the dish can move. Once it gets a picture, then it starts recording :)

After setting up recording function, must you leave unit turned on, or can you click the off button and put it in standby? Will it turn on and record from standby?
Thanks
JackR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)