Paraclipse 12

907TECH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Alaska
I still have a magnetic Paraclipse sign from around 1982. Great antennas ahead of their time. Installed many.

Attachments

• 20191005_155345.jpg
    20191005_155345.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 343
I still have a magnetic Paraclipse sign from around 1982. Great antennas ahead of their time. Installed many.

Hi ive just restored one Paraclipse 3.8 on H to H mount restoration/installation i love this antenna its been a pleasure to work on, i am just fine tuning the arc at the moment then i will be making new arms i do like the button hook but it wont support the weight i will be putting on it.
DSC_0153.JPG

Reactions: Tron and martin-f
I always thought Paraclipse dishes looked like a work of art. Accurate surface, sturdy, reliable, no corrosion over time. Plus they worked really well. The first dishes did not use the two plates to bolt struts to but had a piece of heavy steel pipe for the hub. Boy those clips were no fun though...

Reactions: Tron and martin-f
I always thought Paraclipse dishes looked like a work of art. Accurate surface, sturdy, reliable, no corrosion over time. Plus they worked really well. The first dishes did not use the two plates to bolt struts to but had a piece of heavy steel pipe for the hub. Boy those clips were no fun though...

I must agree ive always loved the look of this dish how lucky i am to find one in the UK, i replaced the clips with uv resistant tie wraps still a pain to install about 700.

Hi ive just restored one Paraclipse 3.8 on H to H mount restoration/installation i love this antenna its been a pleasure to work on, i am just fine tuning the arc at the moment then i will be making new arms i do like the button hook but it wont support the weight i will be putting on it.
View attachment 141564

4 lengths of guy wire and turnbuckles will do wonders to center and support that button hook. Just set up the guy wires to go from the end of a strong rib, and use the turnbuckles to tension them in perfect balance all around.

4 lengths of guy wire and turnbuckles will do wonders to center and support that button hook. Just set up the guy wires to go from the end of a strong rib, and use the turnbuckles to tension them in perfect balance all around.
Many thanks I have read about this option but its not for me, I would still need to do modifications on the button hook as I will be installing three feedhorns with Norsat lnbs, its not a long job to make and install new arms I already have some 22mm box section for the job, but many thanks for the heads up :).
DSC_0003.JPG

Reactions: primestar31
Hey Martin what kind of signals are you getting with that Paraclipse? Extra strong Strong or what? and how does it do on KU?

My Paraclipse Classic 12 is going to the scrap yard after I get my TEK 12 footer installed. Too bad I can't get replacement mesh from Paraclipse. I wish I had stockpiled mesh for it. I wonder how long TEK will be around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)