PBS has Arrived!!

Is there an uplink report yet? I'd like to see if our local PBS station is listed.

Edit: Nevermind I found it -- http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-uplink-center/234367-11-17-2010-3-03pm-uplink.html
And yup KNCT is listed which is our local channel. NICE! About time :)

Edit2: Well nevermind on the nevermind ... looks like KNCT was removed, not added. Does that mean we just lost our PBS station all together?

Edit3: Hmm, checking Spotbeam 41 KNCT is listed in HD but Not Available. Any ideas on what's going on here? I did find an uplink report from 9/15/2010 that showed KNCT [MPEG4 HD] was added but we've never had it in HD.

Thanks --

Last edited:
And if you are in the NYC area, if you are on EA, the SD versions of the channels have been removed. If you use favorites lists, they will show that they are just not there. You will need to add them back. 13 WNET and 58 WNJB.

KCET (28) in LA will be losing it's PBS affiliation and become an independent station.

I thought I saw on a recent uplink report that Dish has in addition to KCET, KOCE (to be PBS's new flagship station in LA) and KVCR up in HD, hidden, of course. So, the question is after Jan. 1, will Dish be uplinking KCET 28? Personally, I think it is great KCET is dumping PBS and its $7 million per year albatross. A lot of PBS programming is 3rd party content stuffed into an omnibus series. In other words shows like POV have much the same, and exactly the same, content as Documentary Film Channel, Link, etc. Also, for too many years, the best BBC science and educational and historical series are no longer offered by PBS, but available only on Science Channel, Discovery, Military Channel for such shows as Wonders of the Universe, Time, etc. PBS is becoming anachronistic.

Yes, Dish subs in LA will be getting 3 PBS stations in HD. One of those stations, KCET 28, will soon be independent.

KERA 13 HD is now on and live on Dish Network for us here in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex TV market. and it's great that we have PBS in HD from KERA. now all DFW need in HD is KTXA 21 and KDFI 27 and maybe KFWD 52.

Yes, Dish subs in LA will be getting 3 PBS stations in HD. One of those stations, KCET 28, will soon be independent.

Right! In fact, we have the 3 named as of this moment. GREAT!! However, I would like to have KLCS, Los Angeles, another PBS member station in LIL HD. I often can't get it with my current OTA antenna set-up. True they run the least PBS content, but they ran Myths and Heroes and do have run other recent content some months or even a few years after I've missed the premiers.

Now, I really look forward to behind the "Orange Curtain" KOCE to airing some of PBS's most left leaning programming :). I think KOCE will take some lumps for it from many of the conservatives who call OC their home, but they will get all the LA Westside money in pledges. He, he. KOCE NEVER aired Bill Moyers Journal, while KCET was proud of airing it. I wonder why? ;).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts