PBS has Arrived!!

Why pay $2.00 for something that you can receive with an antenna. If you can't put up an outdoor antenna try an indoor if you live in Chicago.

cpdretired said:
Why pay $2.00 for something that you can receive with an antenna. If you can't put up an outdoor antenna try an indoor if you live in Chicago.

I do have an antenna, but at my distance WTTW and wycc are iffy at best, especially on windy nights.

I see dozens of other cities getting PBS hd. It would be easier for dish to pick up WTTW than for me to spend $200 on a new antenna install.

Jus wondered if anyone heard anything about what the deal is?

Scott16475 said:
KTCA in Minneapolis is now HD! I wish that our other two PBS stations (KTCI and KAWB) were in HD, but nonetheless, I'm happy that we have one!!

KTCI won't be in hd because tpt life is not HD.

KAWB is unlikely because the link to the pop would cost too much. Same reason KWCM is not carryied. Cost too high:-(

NY - WNET HD - just a few weeks too late

It sure would have been nice to have WNET in HD when they were running "Sherlock" on Masterpiece Theater. Big event of the year, and they miss HD by a couple of weeks.

Luke
Greenwood Lake, NY

Finally! KUHT Ch 8 in Houston is in HD on Dish. KUHT is only the first public education channel in the nation, dating back to 1953.

Afraid not the FIRST public education channel in the nation was WCET in Cincinnati OH.

From WCET (TV) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WCET was the first licensed public television station in the United States.[2] It was granted its license in 1951 and began broadcasting on July 26, 1954, from the third floor of Music Hall in Cincinnati, where it was located until 1959. In 1976.

KERA from DFW is now showing the HD in the station section. Now I can stop wasting HDD space recording most of my PBS stuff in MPEG 2. For every hr of MPEG 2 I get app an hr & 1/2 of MPEG 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts