PBS has Arrived!!

It sure would have been nice to have WNET in HD when they were running "Sherlock" on Masterpiece Theater. Big event of the year, and they miss HD by a couple of weeks.

Luke
Greenwood Lake, NY

It's on Blu-Ray.

Also check out the excellent mini-series from the same writer called "Jekyll" (another old British story set in modern times).

And if you are in the NYC area, if you are on EA, the SD versions of the channels have been removed. If you use favorites lists, they will show that they are just not there. You will need to add them back. 13 WNET and 58 WNJB.

I don't know where I've been the past 15 days, but I just found WNET and WNJB HD tonight. Hurrah!

Now, if only I could get WLIW, too!

I wish they would get DC for goodness sake! No offense to the rest of the country but you would think Dish network would give the friggin national capital public broadcasting in HD.

It's more important because it's visible to Congressional lawmakers, not just your local lawmakers when they are visiting back home. Take offense at the location of DC if you must, but the nation's capital has to go somewhere!

So how does Dish decide the order of markets to turn on HD PBS? According to "The List" none of the PBS affiliates available in the Boston DMA are in HD as of yet. They are all being broadcast in MPEG2 SD on 110 and MPEG4 SD on 61.5.

Ross

how do i know where my pbs comes from? i live in abilene about 130 miles from dallas , but do not get kera. i do not watch it a lot and have never seen any station info.

Yeah, 'cause DC is more important that the rest of the country... :( Sorry, offense taken

Sorry sounds like somebody has issues. It is a fairly large market and the visibility alone makes it somewhat important. Plus isn't that where the HQ of PBS is. Gotta give all those new freshman lawmakers something to do when they're not busy dismantling the government.

No "issues" at all. Everyone always thinks *their* market is more important than other markets though...

Can't disagree with you but I still would like to know how Dish decides which market in which order to turn on????

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts