Personal Computer Game News

Well here's some rather disheartening news... It's looking like Nvidia Maxwell cards (you know, their top tier ones) aren't 100% compatible with DirectX 12, despite them claiming the contrary..

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...st_rpcgaming_nvidia_gpus_do_not_support_dx12/

Well that sounds..... bad. Especially because I'm not planning on upgrading my SLI 970s for years. I fully admit that I don't understand what the missing Async Compute actually does.

Since the only people claiming Nvidia doesn't support this are a small developer that Nvida bashed and their only competitor, AMD I'm hoping this is an isolated incident and it can be fixed with a future driver. Because I don't understand the technology I don't know if that's even possible though. It could be a hardware issue.

Yeah and I was planning on a good ROI on my 960 as well. Hopefully Nvidia will make some sort of a public statement soon about this to quell these fears.

Yeah and I was planning on a good ROI on my 960 as well. Hopefully Nvidia will make some sort of a public statement soon about this to quell these fears.

I'm guessing they won't talk about it until they have a solution. No point it making a press release acknowledging something your competition does better than you.

This made me laugh from Amazon Questions about the Mass Effect Trilogy for PC

hz.PNG

I try but I've found it just turns on for no explainable reason sometimes. Also sometimes I want to access my PC during the day remotely and I can't.

I try but I've found it just turns on for no explainable reason sometimes. Also sometimes I want to access my PC during the day remotely and I can't.

Mine occasionally wakes itself from sleep for no reason too. I can't figure it out. I even turned off wake from lan and disabled the mouse's ability to wake the computer. It's only supposed to wake when I hit a button on the keyboard but that doesn't stop it from happening sometimes.

Also sometimes I download really large files that take hours to transfer and I've seen the CPU shut down in the process which screws things up. It's just so much maintenance. It really is easier to just keep it on all the time but that's really not good. It's also not good for the PSU fan. I've had to replace 2 different fans on 2 CPUs that were CONSTANTLY on. It's really annoying. I guess I'll just suck it up and get the sleeping to work more.

Nvidia put up a nice flow chart for those interested in buying the new Apple TV.

SHIELD_vs_Apple_Infographic_1.jpg

For those interested I fall into the Roku category. I like how they referenced Roku as the box that fits the most conditions.

I recently gave my parents my last gen Apple TV to use in our lake cabin since they have internet but no cable there. It was my main streaming device for years but I just wasn't using it anymore. I do most of my streaming from my Tivo now and the few things it doesn't support are available on the Xbox One. With a Tivo, Xbox One, and PS4 all hooked to my main TV a dedicated streaming box isn't really necessary.

Before the Apple TV I tried a Roku 2XD but there were some compatibility issues between it and my Onkyo AVR. When passed through the surround sound receiver all streaming sources on the Roku had a terrible purple tint. I've never had this issue with any other device passed through my Onkyo and the Roku works fine hooked directly to every TV I have tested it on. Both devices are great individually but they aren't usable together for some reason.

As for the Shield, it seems cool but the cheapest model is $200. If I ever decide I want to be able to play PC games in my living room again I'm much more likely to get the Steam Link. At $50 it's cheap enough to be an impulse buy and I already know that Steam in home streaming works great over my gigabit wired network from personal experience. I'd say it's more likely than not I will grab one of those at some point.

Did anyone else get an email from Origin stating their account password had been reset? I got one and they claimed because of suspicious activity, which is REALLY weird considering I use 2 step authentication. I didn't know if this was singled to just my account or if this is one of those that hits all members..

Did anyone else get an email from Origin stating their account password had been reset? I got one and they claimed because of suspicious activity, which is REALLY weird considering I use 2 step authentication. I didn't know if this was singled to just my account or if this is one of those that hits all members..

I have not received one. At least not yet. I also use 2 step verification. It's weird that you would receive an email like that if you haven't received any 2 step attempts.

Well if there's suspicious activity and I haven't received the verification, that's even scarier.

In other news, a failed Kickstarter has been ordered to pay $54k in fines.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...creator_to_pay_54k_for_failing_to_deliver.php

It's possible that they had a data breach and some passwords may have been compromised that way. That would explain why you are getting that notification even though no one has tried to access your account.

If you're a PC Gamer I hope you weren't looking forward to the new Need for Speed game landing under your Xmas tree...Maybe as an Easter Gift.. Apparently it's to allow for the removal of a FPS cap. I think that may be a smokescreen to them just not being able to deliver the game in time. At least EA is (apparently) committed to not pushing incomplete games out the door.

http://www.needforspeed.com/news/nf...-ramp&cid=43403&ts=1442241605930&sf40904795=1

Last edited:

Super Nintendo Classic - Avail Sept 29

GameStop is bringing back game rentals (Seriously)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)