Photo. Satellite Dish Europe-Russia.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Protection against birds.

Protection against birds ths LNB and Dish.

??? ??.jpg???.???.jpg???.?? ?????.jpg???-????.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris,

Those "spikes" on the dish perimeter (top) and all around the LNBF ought to deter the birds very well. It is ingenious.

I have to ask.... Are the birds in Minsk really that much trouble? They must be if someone went to the trouble to install the spikes.

I noticed what I believe to be pigeons flying about in the video. I could understand these birds being a nuisance in the city. I have seen them "poop"! :)

P.S. The raven or crow is a nice touch! A plastic owl would also probably work in this case.

RADAR

If up on the roof I can understand the spikes (except in snowy Minnesota where they'd fill with that white stuff) I on the other hand have no problem with my ground level dishes. See upper left of post. He does enjoy a warm meal now and then.

AcWxRadar
Are thebirds in Minsk really that much trouble?
In Minsk at me all is normal, these are problems with birds who there live nearby the seas. It is a photo with Dish-Fibo th North of Germany about the sea.
And birds-ravens - fans to peck all colour on head LNB.
And at us birds if only will spoil on Dish.
??-+.jpg??-.jpg

Bad work...

A few photo-as cannot be established Dish. wall.gif? if it would be desirable - that is possible. But a conclusion pitiable...knueppel.gif
2.jpg3.jpg??.jpg??.??.jpg????.??-.jpg?.??.jpg?.???.jpg?--?-.jpg??-?.jpg?.?-.jpg??.??=???.jpg

Dish on the contrary

Dish on the contrary
One of the reasons, we will admit a fastening design does not allow to incline the aerial to demanded corner Elevation (a place corner). On a balcony to go better.
Still the revolution reason - when a place corner small and the offset aerial already stupidly "looks in the earth", overturn to get rid of "earth noise" and to lift a degree of quality of a signal (signal/noise).
1-3 photos my house experiment. A signal on turned Dish-excellent.

??.??.jpg???.?.jpg212.jpg??.????.jpg??-????.jpg30W_antenna-??????.jpg???.??--.jpg ???.????.jpg???.?????..jpg???.???????.jpg???-.jpg

Fastening to wall Dish.

Various fastening Dish to a wall. Happens difficult to establish Dish on high floors of the house to a wall. An original exit of installation on a photo-1-2. The owner has removed windows, has put boards, the prop to a wall is and there is an access for adjustment in the street. The good fellow.applaus.gif
And so at us close switchboard DisegC-4?1 from a rain, a bottle plastic. A photo 3-4
87a18f24a021.jpgСлов.кр.JPGа+бут.jpgЧ+а-кр.jpgро.уÑ..jpgÑÑ‚-.jpgИркутÑк.jpg РоÑ-ан.jpg

Hello. The spring has come. Snow has started to conceal. Work with Dish.2 at my place will soon go weeks ago and in Russia has swept up snow.100 years of such spring was not. A few photo. And photo Dish as it is impossible to establish it where there is no protection against a snow descent.

Snow

Hello. The spring has come. Snow has started to conceal. Work with Dish.2 at my place will soon go weeks ago and in Russia has swept up snow.100 years of such spring was not. A few photo. And photo Dish as it is impossible to establish it where there is no protection against a snow descent.
Ñн-1.jpgÑн-3.jpgÑн-6.jpgÑн-4.jpgÑн.jpgÑн-2.jpg111.jpgÑн.ÑÑ…-=.jpg1212.jpg

View attachment 86500View attachment 86501View attachment 86502View attachment 86503View attachment 86504View attachment 86505View attachment 86506View attachment 86507View attachment 86508

Amazing. We had one storm with 1 meter of snow this year, and people panicked. It is difficult to imagine 2-3 meters!

Attachments

• aim.jpg
    aim.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 167
  • BG_09-12.jpg
    BG_09-12.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 184
Good work-FaT Air- photo N-1. At me a question to you.? And that for cargo it is suspended, it was necessary for exact adjustment of a signal - = quality = I so has understood... And a flag small yellow for what.?
--------------------------------------------------------
I like the"sidewinder' install -http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachme...chmentid=85643
Lateral fastening, I had so to establish too Dish.?????? as the house concerning the companion is located. On photo N-2 at owner Dish of a window leave on the North. And on a roof to it have forbidden to establish Dish.So it has made a difficult design.good.gif
ам--кирп.jpgант-5 ÑÑ‚.jpg

The closest LNBF's are within inches of the sidewalk. Across the sidewalk from the dishes is the fire hydrant. The flag is attached to the hydrant so it can be 'found' after a big snow fall. (so it's not 'hit' when cleaning out around it)
A month ago, had to have scoop tractor come clean around it as the only part seen before then, above the snow, was the flag and top 3 inches (~8cm) of the hydrant. Now melting, slowly, and can make out the sidewalk in the bottom of the first picture.
The mounting is a homemade NPRM that is expandable. The outer legs can slide on the center leg. It now holds up the sidewinder 1.2m and the elliptical (center and right). Just stretched it out from it's collapsed position in the previous sidewinder picture. It forms a "Z" on the ground with the vertical poles at the corners. The end legs are 4ft (1.2m) and the central long portion is ~6ft (1.8m).
The sidewinder dish is just that because it's mount would only allow around 20° elevation as the lowest. Thought of inverted, but that would have collected snow, so sideways for no snow load.

Attachments

• GEDC0203.jpg
    GEDC0203.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 167
  • GEDC0202.jpg
    GEDC0202.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 181
-FaT Air-.Here it is now clear, that for a flag. From snow at us Dish above establish from the earth, at whom the house in village. And what position of three companions, that on a photo I have specified.?
On your profile of a photo of a cat black, such at home lives?
And a gift for you from menja. - = Curious black kot. - =
ам-отп-=.jpgант.ам-отп.jpgк-=.jpgÐ½Ð°Ñ Ðº.jpg

Picture 1 - From left to right. 1.2m @ 103W, .7m @ 97w, The 84e elliptical @ 125W, .7m mounted on the BUD to track the arc, and the sidewinder 1.2m @ 30W.
The cat is family. Name is Puppi (I didn't name him) I usually call him Stu(pid). He's probably the dumbest cat that's been 'in the family'. BUT, he's never 'hung out' on the LNBF's (LOL)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts