Picked up another Primestar dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a long shot scince they are letting the house go in the first place, If they defaulted then the bank proably owns them now, or they went to the city.

Wire cutters. Drill with deep 13 mm socket. You can have those dishes down and be on the next block before anyone would have time to call the po po. If the houses are abandoned, the neighbors would probably thank you, plus the city is doing a slam bang job of code enforcement in the first place. It never fails to amaze me what the slum lords get away with in memphis. Renting out houses that are crappier than a cardboard box. Find out if they are paying the taxes and buy the lean if they aren't. Then forclose and raze ---errrr recycle---the house and sell the lot.

Thats a lot to go thru just to get a dish, but it would be my luck that I would get caught or shot because its not a safe neighborhood. In fact theres about 10 Primestars that I have seen I just have to go knock on the doors to see if they want to get rid of them, thats how I got the two I have now.

well the LNB is partially shot...the H side doesn't work :(

well I guess we'll jerry rig up something :)

Iceberg, if you have one of the FSS lnb's from a Dish "Superdish", it'll bolt right up to the Primestar LNB flange, if you remove the old H/V lnb first. Works real nice.....

The only things I have laying around are
-DirecPC LNB. This will work because G11 is next to my true south and will fit just fine but its single output
-Stacked LNB...might try that as I want to set it up for more than one box :)

The only things I have laying around are
-DirecPC LNB. This will work because G11 is next to my true south and will fit just fine but its single output
-Stacked LNB...might try that as I want to set it up for more than one box :)

Here's what I do to get free sat stuff, and how you can maybe get a SD lnb free. I have some tools in my car, and as I'm driving around and notice Primestar dishes, or say Dish Network dishes, but the guy also has just had D* installed. Or say there's old sat stuff laying on his picnic table in the back yard. I stop in and ask them if I can have the old dish, or whatever. I've only ever had one person refuse, and that was because Primestar was just shutting down, and they weren't sure Primestar would want everything back. I just got my second Superdish (type 1 this time, type 2 last time) last week, and also was given the DP34 switch. All for the hauling away. Not a thing wrong with it, the guy just switched to D*. Nothing like stockpiling spares for future use. My wife's pissed because of the collection, and maybe I'm obsessed a bit, but everybody needs a hobbie, right?

most people in my town that have SD have them for a reason (non English/non Spanish people if you get my drift)

They're probably using it still :)

What's crazy is there is a spot where there are 5 townhouses and there are 3 (THREE) primestar dishes on them :eek: I went and asked the owners about a year ago
-first one said nobody going on his roof
-2nd one said "we're not interested" (like I'm selling something)
-3rd said "no habla english" :)(

I found Two Primestars sitting in front of vacant houses they are both 84 E's. I called the city to see if I could take them and they said if I take them it's considered theft and I would be in trouble with the law.

Unless I'm missing something...why would you call the city instead of the homeowners? I dont see how the city would have anything to do with them. Primestar isnt around anymore, and Directv certainly has NO interest in them. Contact the homeowner. Primestar dishes are a dime a dozen here, and I'm talking about the 40X43. Thats how I got mine. Homeowners are more than happy to get rid of them(if you leave the landscape in good condition).

As I said they are vacant and boarded up, who knows where the owner is. I guess with a little digging I might find an owner but that seems like alot to go thru to get a dish. Also I,m guessing if they let the house go vacant then they didn't pay on there property tax's and thats were the city takes over.

Congrats Iceberg! Wonderful dish...

See if you can find the dual LNB setup for 4 degree spacing. That dish is great for it! Also, gotta love the AZ-EL mount, so easy to set (and accurate!) :)

exactly. Easiest dish to aim. Get it in the ballpark and slap the 1/2" socket on and start cranking it up or down...wish ALL dishes were like this :)

well I took the LNB off my DirecPC dish and put a Eagle Aspen stacked LNB to it. Bolted on real easy. Now to try tomorrow to see if it works :)

Here are the Pics of it. 1st 4 were done on Sunday when I set the dish up. The 1st pic is of both. The one aimed at SBS6 is the one I got on Saturday but the LNB is on the other one at G11 (which I found out the LNB was shot so that got replaced).

Attachments

• 000_0344.jpg
    000_0344.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 000_0345.jpg
    000_0345.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 000_0346.jpg
    000_0346.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 104
  • 000_0347.jpg
    000_0347.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 000_0348.jpg
    000_0348.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
As I said they are vacant and boarded up, who knows where the owner is. I guess with a little digging I might find an owner but that seems like alot to go thru to get a dish. Also I,m guessing if they let the house go vacant then they didn't pay on there property tax's and thats were the city takes over.

Want me to tell you what I would do if I really wanted that dish? :D

well I switched the G11 LN B (that was bunk) with the flange from my DirecPC dish with a stacked LNB bolted to it and it works GREAT!!

One of those dishes was either painted, or it had a much nicer life, looks nearly new, the decal even looks good !

Iceberg, from the pics, the mounts look like standard wall mounts that have smaller tubes than the Primestar. If so, how did you shim them to the primestar? Just curious, as I've had my Primestar 84e in the garage since I brought it home a couple of months ago and would like to set up a table mount like your setup to play around with it.

One of those dishes was either painted, or it had a much nicer life, looks nearly new, the decal even looks good !

The one on the right (aimed at SBS6) had been on the lady's roof since Primestar which would be 95 or 96...12 MN winters will do that to a dish :)

Last edited:
Iceberg, from the pics, the mounts look like standard wall mounts that have smaller tubes than the Primestar. If so, how did you shim them to the primestar? Just curious, as I've had my Primestar 84e in the garage since I brought it home a couple of months ago and would like to set up a table mount like your setup to play around with it.

oh no. These are standard 2 5/8" mounts for the Primestar. The one mast came with the P* dish and the other was from an old DirecPC dish

Thanks, Mine came off of a pole in the ground and that's the only way I've seen them mounted around here. I'll have to look around for one.

I found Two Primestars sitting in front of vacant houses they are both 84 E's. I called the city to see if I could take them and they said if I take them it's considered theft and I would be in trouble with the law. It ticks me off because I drive by these two houses at least once a week and they just sit there, what a waste. They are probably goona knock down these two houses and I just hope to be driving by when they do and I can get them.

I see something like that laying on the ground It's as good as gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts