Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Had to go to my buddy's dad's house to take down a dish. He switched from Dish to Direct and the old Dish dish was on the roof....so as I was getting on the roof my buddy says to me "wanna get that dish off the neighbor's roof too?"

His dad lives in a twinhouse and the house attached has a dish I've eyed for about 4 years now....a Primestar dish :) A big one :D

I asked "you sure" and he says "yeah she said we can take it down". Go ring the bell and nobody answers. Climb up and get the Dish dish off and start to work on the P* dish when the lady comes out. My buddy says "we'll take the dish down for ya" and I ask how much she wants. I get the FTA'er's best answer.....

"Just take the damn thing. Get it off the roof" (but I had to leave the foot which is fine)

Has 2 outputs on it and the LNB sticks down. Looks like a 40x30 dish. Wonder if its a dual output or a 2 output (one being H and one being V)

pics later :)

dang it...took off the cover and it says "H" and "V" on the outputs :(

kinda wanted a dual LNB :)

Good find-is that one of the .90 M dishes or the 1M?
And, Ive found about 5 of the primestars, diff shapes and haven't got one
yet with anything other than the H&V lnbfs.

depending on your locatin Tim the shipping would probably be to costly to mail or ship thats why most of usl look locally :) for primestars

and Tim ......Welcome to the group

Ice..... Great find got several.... but they all had dual h & v i replaced them with the direcpc one , sadouns has the dual for their globecast dish but its not cost effective unless you find a bargain....

It'll be stamped into the back of the dish, I've got both sizes and can't really tell any difference in the signals. Both are great for fta, and of course so are the ellipical shaped ones.

Great find Iceberg. I've got a 84e Primestar oblong and was wondering if I'm wasting my time looking for the bigger ones that look round. Were the bigger one's used only for certain programming or was it a geographical issue? I look for them all the time down here in South Texas and have never seen one. I've got 2 more 84e's spotted, but really don't need another one.

Great Find Iceberg!

The 84e are the best for multi-lnb setups. The dual output LNBFs have a much better signal than the single output ones do.

The 75e measures 36x26 and is a great dish too.

About the other question someone mentioned, the round ones are 40x43, and do get a better signal strenth, but not as conducive to multi-lnb setups.

Congrats!
Fred

So I guess I have 2 84e's now :)

The other one I have is also a 39x29 (i thought it was 40x30)

Good find Tony! There's one I've been keeping my eye on, about 5 miles from me. No one was living there, in a double wide mobile home. Around 3 weeks ago someone moved in, and they have 4 vehicles (I've noticed this late at night, and I'm not going to knock on the door after dark) and one vehicle is always there, but I can't catch anyone home (or maybe they just won't answer the door). Right after I noticed they had moved in they took the P* off the pole and replaced it with E*. The P* is just sitting on the ground. I'm hoping I can catch somebody home before it disappears. Been sitting on the ground for over 2 weeks now. Maybe I'll ride over that way after Church tomorrow and try to catch them home?

Al

Great find Ice. The Primestars are very well built and do an outstanding job. Locked my 90cm on G-16 over a year ago and still have the same 99 Q on my 4D as the day I put it up. :)

I found Two Primestars sitting in front of vacant houses they are both 84 E's. I called the city to see if I could take them and they said if I take them it's considered theft and I would be in trouble with the law. It ticks me off because I drive by these two houses at least once a week and they just sit there, what a waste. They are probably goona knock down these two houses and I just hope to be driving by when they do and I can get them.

That's a long shot scince they are letting the house go in the first place, If they defaulted then the bank proably owns them now, or they went to the city.

well the LNB is partially shot...the H side doesn't work :(

well I guess we'll jerry rig up something :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)