Picked up new (used) analog receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I just received my Videoplus VP1000 analog ku receiver that I purchased on ebay. I got it for 10 bucks and believe it or not it works! I don't know squat about analog, but I am able to pick some stuff off of my 76cm dish. I am still moving the dish via my Lifetime Ultra receiver.

I have only found analog stuff on AMC2 and SBS6. Anywhere else you guys recommend looking? I just bought it for fun... so I'm not looking for anything specific.

Another question... the Horizontal/ Vertical button doesn't work on the front. To change polarity, I have to go into my Lifetime Ultra and go to a H or V channel there and then it works. The analog receiver is looped out of the back of the Ultra.

Thanks

I got an old analog receiver a few weeks ago from a yard sale. It's an old Pansat.

I think the polarity controls on the front are only tied to the terminals on the back of the receiver. It's so old I guess they didn't send control voltage over the coax back then.

I do the same thing, moving the dish or changing polarity with the FTA receiver. I think I have found the same things that you have as far as signals. The forums say that most analog occurs on weekends and that is proving to be true.

Mine has a tuning dial and a scan slide switch on the back but I have to watch and listen for any signals it finds. It doesn't stop on them, only briefly shows them as it tunes up and down. Real briefly actually. I guess that's how it's supposed to work. There is no way to store any channels in mine.

Well I've had my Analog receiver for about just over a week, I probably paid too much, but it is supposedly high end Toshiba TRX-2220 ,paid $90 brand new in box, I'm content it has features for programmed VCR recording ,it will move a bud on any given day for a year synchronized to a VCR of course.

I've had same results as you finding feeds on SBS 6 and Amc 2, mainly sports on weekends, some news like fires in California, and a couple feeds for TV shows, talk show and entertaiment .

As you said about scanning past channel, yes this occurs unless signal is very strong then it locks in, I do get sparklies on some feeds , but it has been fun.

A couple of test cards can be found oddly on 121.0 and I believe 105.0 for Echostar, 121.0 is pretty strong.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm looking forward to teh weekend to see what I can pull in analog.

Ive got the toshiba trx-2220, its a realy nice ird. I got it brand new in box on ebay few months ago. really nice looking front panel display and uhf remote :)

Most of the analog boxes will not control polarity on a LNBF (what most of us call a LNB including me) :)

The old LNB's for C-Band have 3 wires off of them that get hooked up to the analog box and that controls polarity. If you hook the analog box directly to a LNBF you will get only one polarity (I think H)

If you slave it from the DVB box (Fortec, Coolsat, Pansat, etc) it is the same polarity as what the DVB box is on :)

Mainly feeds are on on weekends on SBS6 & AMC2 with a sprinkling of G11 and G10 :)

I just wish I could tell what frequency/transponder I'm viewing. The receiver I got on eBay just has a hand-dial that I turn and it goes from the beginning of teh satellite to the end. It says channels 1-20... but that doesn't mean anything, does it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts