Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
After reading threads about having to re-scan to get channels back, I experimented a bit on some channels that were slow to kick in, like Decades and some of the Caribbean channels, which could take several seconds to pop on. After a re-scan, they pop on almost immediately. However, I ran into something interesting on the Pursuit channel. It would show up with a good signal, but it would not come on, and I can't get the HD version of it to even show up on a blind scan.

When I looked at the PID info on the SD version, all but one of the PID's were correct. The VPID and APID was correct, but the PPID was wrong. I tried to correct it, but it would not come on. Now, having said that, I have not been able in the 9000i to find a place where you can enter a channel manually and save it as such. You can go into the TP info and have it do a blind scan on that channel, but if it doesn't find it, it will not show up in the channel list as the channel you tried to locate.

I've read the manual several times, and cannot find how to manually enter a channel without going through this process. On my old receiver, I could manually enter the channel name, the frequency, polarity, symbol rate and the PID info and it would save it. Haven't been able to do that with the 9000i. Any suggestions? Also, is it normal for some channels to change channel information slightly. This is kind of a fishing expedition for information, and to see if others are having the same problems.

the PPID (PCR PID) is usually the VPID (video pid) but not always.

these pids should be filled in when you scan, so once the scan is done it shouldnt ever need to be redone again (unless things changed) when you select a channel to watch you are selecting prescaned apid, vpid etc. now usually a receiver waits till a I frame in the mpeg stream before displaying video, depending on how the video was compressed that might be often or very little. lots of I frames means larger bitrate without necessarily better quality video. So that might be something to look at why it takes some channels longer for video to come in then others. how often are they sending I frames?

UDL

the PPID (PCR PID) is usually the VPID (video pid) but not always.

these pids should be filled in when you scan, so once the scan is done it shouldnt ever need to be redone again (unless things changed) when you select a channel to watch you are selecting prescaned apid, vpid etc. now usually a receiver waits till a I frame in the mpeg stream before displaying video, depending on how the video was compressed that might be often or very little. lots of I frames means larger bitrate without necessarily better quality video. So that might be something to look at why it takes some channels longer for video to come in then others. how often are they sending I frames?

UDL

Somehow, the PCR PID had changed and it didn't even match the PCR listed on SatHint or Lyngsat. I don't remember. I'd have to look at the bit rate when I get home. The ones that were slow to pop in now come in a lot faster once I did a re-scan. Nor sure why the PCR PID changed on Pursuit, and even more puzzled over why the HD channel isn't scanning in at all. I hooked up my old receiver just to see if it was working on the SD side, but it wasn't, and the HD channel wasn't there either.

I never tried to enter the channel info manually on the old receiver to see if it would work. May try that this evening. I'll post the PID info for Pursuit when I get home. It would be nice to know how to manually enter all the information on the 9000i and save it. :)

I sent an email to the company explaining the situation. I "think" they understand what I was trying to get across to them. The first email I got back from them pointed out the option I already used trying to get these channels back. Then I sent them a screen shot of the V8's manual entry menu, and got a little better response that may have cleared up what I was asking them.

I was having trouble getting it across to them that scanning the transponder didn't always work like the manual channel entry. Maybe with the latest stuff I sent them, we could see an update for this. :)

After reading threads about having to re-scan to get channels back, I experimented a bit on some channels that were slow to kick in, like Decades and some of the Caribbean channels, which could take several seconds to pop on. After a re-scan, they pop on almost immediately. However, I ran into something interesting on the Pursuit channel. It would show up with a good signal, but it would not come on, and I can't get the HD version of it to even show up on a blind scan.

When I looked at the PID info on the SD version, all but one of the PID's were correct. The VPID and APID was correct, but the PPID was wrong. I tried to correct it, but it would not come on. Now, having said that, I have not been able in the 9000i to find a place where you can enter a channel manually and save it as such. You can go into the TP info and have it do a blind scan on that channel, but if it doesn't find it, it will not show up in the channel list as the channel you tried to locate.

I've read the manual several times, and cannot find how to manually enter a channel without going through this process. On my old receiver, I could manually enter the channel name, the frequency, polarity, symbol rate and the PID info and it would save it. Haven't been able to do that with the 9000i. Any suggestions? Also, is it normal for some channels to change channel information slightly. This is kind of a fishing expedition for information, and to see if others are having the same problems.
I just scan as G23 3840 while on 121 horizontol.. pursuit/RT/RT documentary... but the RT's arent on that trans anymore.... pursuit is also on same satellite at 3910 horizontol.....6 months ago, if u went to 121 Ku band, somehow velocity channel was free from a fricken dish network ku satellite... now its just a test pattern

Reactions: wvman
I just scan as G23 3840 while on 121 horizontol.. pursuit/RT/RT documentary... but the RT's arent on that trans anymore.... pursuit is also on same satellite at 3910 horizontol.....6 months ago, if u went to 121 Ku band, somehow velocity channel was free from a fricken dish network ku satellite... now its just a test pattern

What's weird about Pursuit, Grit on SES-1 and Cozi on Galaxy 16 is that they scan in with the right frequency and PID info, but neither the audio or video will come on. Also, there are others in here that's experiencing the same problems with these channels. Grit was the latest to stop working, and none of these show up as subscription services?

From time to time, there are subscription channels that are running in the clear even though they are normally subscription. EPIX did that months ago and was ITC for a quite a while, but the channels I mentioned were never encrypted on those particular satellites. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)