Pissed about the changes? Let your voice be heard!

I have 3 XM radios and am very happy with the changes. In fact, last thursday I emailed XM and told them to keep up the good work.

I have 3 XM radios and am very happy with the changes. In fact, last thursday I emailed XM and told them to keep up the good work.

My only complaint is they took the one Hard Classic Rock station we had, replaced it with another that is supposedly good, but is 24/7 ACDC. I mean, dont be stupid and remove the only classic rock channel we have for another, then make it 24/7 one artist. That sucks, and they are idiots.

Ive got 2 tuners that were bought in June, and I paid a year upfront. I hope they make better decisions from now on out.

I know the repeater coverage is good in downtown St. Louis so i know thats not the issue cause my xm inno has full signal inside. And my xm has way less cutouts then the sirius, perhaps its cause the sirius is a factory radio, is the reason it sounds like trash. But i just called in to remove a radio off my account and gave me the whole 3 months trial period so they have to march to fix this mess or i take all 3 and stick them in the sat guys classified lol. well atleast 2 since ones factory xm.

XM-Serius merge

I've been an XM subscriber for 5 years, & I loved the concept, but I was leary of 2 formats (VHS vs. BETA), so I watched & waited. It looked like XM had a significate lead when I decided to jump in. And I never regretted it, until the whole bidding war ruined satelite radio. I thought if they merged & could survive, so be it. Serius screwed the whole satelite radio platform. They started the beginning of the end, by paying Howard Stern 500 Million & bidding big bucks for whatever sporting event they could get. XM, unfortunately, tried to follow suit, & now we have Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, both running up way more debt then they could ever overcome. I loved my XM, I'm not very satisfied with the merger, I didn't buy the service for sleazy talk shows or sports. I bought it for music, no DJ's, no commercial's. The changes in the music formats, I don't like. I thought I would have satelite forever, now I don't think so. It's sad, it was a great music format for people that didn't want to mess with CD's or MP3's, but I will probably be forced into working with these options. By the way, 95% of the time I listened to classic rock #46, & #49 some, with blips to #6, #7, they all seem foreign to me, DJ's talking, & adding their spin? different music, not very appealing! I will listen thru the winter, & make a final decision, but what I'm hearing now isn't very encuraging. I've had this in my cars, truck, home, boat, for so long, as a given, that I would love it forever. I bought a different boat this fall, & I'm planning to redo the sound system, & XM was going to be the centerpiece, now I'm not so sure? This format is sketchy for me? I want to put a channel on, jump in the water & not have to get out again. I'm afraid this is history. Time will tell??? Thanks for listening

Merge sucks!

Go look at my ramble in (pissed at the change! Let your voice be heard) I will be calling, but, I'm afraid it'l be like pissing in the wind!

KCTundra--

You wrote my reply to this for me. I was mostly a classic rock listener. But I also liked the "folk" channel from time to time (gone until next year, IF it really comes back) and I also used to like to listen to the "Wall Street Journal" on the trip in.. gone. And about 1/2 the time the talk channels I listen to are pre-empted by sports now on the trip home.

Classic Vinyl is like a top-40 station was about 30 years ago now. But with absolute retarded DJ's who wont STFU. I actually hear repeats on the same day! It used to take a week back in the day-- This never happened under XM. But Toptracks was much better before the Bigtracks split. But both Classic Vinyl and Rewind suck compared to Toptracks and Big Tracks. But I suppose this is the progresion. Thank you Howard Stern (f'in idiot you are in all respects) for RUINING satellite radio with your greed. You'll be back under the FCC's censorship within two years and our sat radios will be silenced before then.

I'm giving them until about 1/15 to get it together or I'm going to try to get whatever residual value I can get back on my 3 year (second term) XM sub. The second receiver I pay for monthly will go after 1/1.

I can only imagine what would have happened if Directv and Dish would have merged.

There is a HUGE difference here. Almost ALL XM and Sirius music stations were proprietary to their systems. If they didn't own/create them, they were exclusively carried by them in the US, such as "The System" (my favorite in the car that was DROPPED with the new lineup, but thankfully I can still get it at home on XM).

DirecTV and Dish have few exclusive channels (yes, Sunday Ticket, but not normal national channels). Pretty much, DirecTV and Dish offer all the same fare. If they were to merge, neither side would lose much, if anything at all. What are you going to lose, DirecTV's 101??? Oh no, not the 101 channel! Oh please.... name something good on either service that is proprietary and good that might be dropped? I cannot think of anything. You'd get more stuff if anything. I would like to see DirecTV and Dish merge. Heck, they would have a lot of equipment to change out over at Dish but they would have the capacity for 400 or more HD nationals (eliminating LIL duplicates). They could begin to compete with SDV cable systems and up and comers like FIOS TV. As either company stands now, they don't have the capacity and cable/fiber will/is taking the lead again.

Satellite radio on the other hand was in its infancy pretty much and they "merged" too many channels and had to make some tough decisions that most aren't happy about. It isn't about "getting used to it," like they HOPE we will do. For me, I think I am going to drop the service (XM). I really loved The System in the car and now I cannot listen to it. Area SUCKS in comparison. Every time I try to get into Area they play a CRAPPY song that totally turns me off and makes me pop in an MP3CD with my own songs. Why pay for XM? They should have left well enough alone. I know/have met online so many people that lost a station or two or three or four that they loved. It is a shame really.

I will go out on a limb and say the unthinkable. They'll be asking for their own bail-out in less than 3 years and go under because they won't get it. But it didn't have to be that way. The only hope I see at this point is adding mobile TV services like Sirius has currently, but with more than 4 kid's channels. We are talking Fox News, CNN, ESPN, the networks, etc. Not just for the car but outdoor portable. They will not sustain the way they stand now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)