Pixel 8 Pro Pre-orders

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
In case anyone is interested:

Best Buy and Google Store both offer a free Pixel Watch. The phone is $999 for 128 GB and $1059 for the 256 Gb. 512 GB for $1179 and 1 TB for $1399.
Frankly, my P7P is using about 64Gb of storage now but I chose the 256Gb since it was only $60.00 more.

Trading in a 128GB Pixel 7 Pro in Perfect condition

Google Store shows $420 for the trade-in
Best Buy is $550.

Best Buy gives me 2 yrs interest-free on my Best Buy card
Google has no offers that compare but offers 3 years financing.

I don't really NEED a new phone this year but the Trade-in is too good to pass up. I did the same thing with a Pixel 6 Pro last year.

Reactions: meStevo
Enjoying my Pixel Fold and wife just got the newest Galaxy Flip, or we'd be in for one of these. I'm not sure I'll ever leave the world of foldables though, having owned the last couple Galaxy Fold devices and now the Google Fold.

Considering the watch though, and bring on a fold tablet.

Big fan of rolling the trade-in promos from phone to phone and keeping up with new releases. I haven't paid full price for a phone in a long time and enjoy having the bleeding edge stuff. Just keep rolling credits towards the next one. I'm sure they're coming out ahead, but I'll take it.

Enjoying my Pixel Fold and wife just got the newest Galaxy Flip, or we'd be in for one of these. I'm not sure I'll ever leave the world of foldables though, having owned the last couple Galaxy Fold devices and now the Google Fold.

Considering the watch though, and bring on a fold tablet.

Big fan of rolling the trade-in promos from phone to phone and keeping up with new releases. I haven't paid full price for a phone in a long time and enjoy having the bleeding edge stuff. Just keep rolling credits towards the next one. I'm sure they're coming out ahead, but I'll take it.
I like the idea of the folds but WAYYY out of my range.
I'm the same on the Trade-ins. I do it every year and get a fresh unlocked phone I can root if I want.

I did the Pixel 8 Pro + Pixel Watch 2 deal, with the trade in of my Pixel 7 Pro. Can’t really say there is much of a difference between the 7 Pro and the 8 Pro. My original Pixel Watch was all banged up, so I was looking to get the PW2 anyway, and with the $420 trade in for the 7 Pro, I decided what the hell. I got the Spiegan rugged band for the watch, so hoping it will protect it a little bit. Makes it look more natural on my fat wrists too. The Pixel Fold 2 might be in my future, but the outer screen has to be bigger than the original for me to consider it.

Never cared about the color of devices before, always went with black but that Bay Blue is pretty nice. But what’s the point. Like 99.99% of people, my phone is in a case, I’m using a different watch band, and I’m not going to re-buy my Pixel Buds Pro just for the new color.

Nice improvement on battery life on the Pixel Watch 2, Pixel 8 Pro seems to not get as warm. But overall not much of a difference for either device versus their previous generation.

Besides hoping to see an improved Pixel Fold, if there is going to be a Pixel Tablet 2, that needs to be vastly improved. Very disappointed in that Pixel Tablet, but it has great potential.