Playstation Plus Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
yesterday i sign up for 3 months, and i downloaded Red Dead Redemption time demo, and i started to played it then, change mind about playing right now but it say is Expires in 24hrs? is that right? i thought its expire after 60 minutes?

According to the way it reads,it's 60 minutes after you start the game.Doesn't matter if you pause,quit,or the power goes out.I tried a 60 minute demo of NFS MW,it was unplayable after exactly 60 minutes.The game will still be listed in your folder,but it shouldn't be playable.

Let us know if it works as advertised.

I didn't get a chance to devote a lot of time to RDR but,what little I did play,it was pretty cool.

i must of done something wrong, i sat down to play and the demo say was Expired! do they expect you to play the full hour at once?

i must of done something wrong, i sat down to play and the demo say was Expired! do they expect you to play the full hour at once?

Pretty much.Once you start the demo the timer starts.60 minutes later whether played or not,it's finished.

with PS Plus, but i got 3 months to turn me around, and i forgot all them games i can try to see (if) i can play them, let me ask this out of these two games which is better Dead Nation or LittleBigPlant? because i still got to pick one as the Welcome Back Program like 4 years ago lol

I haven't played dead nation,I have played littlebigplanet and it's pretty fun.I guess it depends on whether you like hardcore or more lightweight stuff though.:D

well, i do injoy trying to play infamous but with most of them games where you have the use stick mine C.P. get in the way, but i getting better lol

Dead Nation is one of my all-time favorite PSN titles. Using my sub accounts, I actually grabbed all of the Welcome Back games, except LBP, which I already owned. Both LBP and Dead Nation are excellent, so like Teehar touched on, it really comes down to whether you are looking for a cutsey platformer that allows you to create and share your own levels, or an edge-of-your-seat, over-the-top unique twin stick shooter with tons of stylized gore. But in all honesty, I thought there was a deadline for selecting your Welcome Back games, like 30 days or maybe it was 90, so I'd be surprised if it still let you.

And yeah, those 60-minute trials are a mixed blessing. Almost every time I've done one, I felt really rushed to finish the level I was on before being abruptly cut off in the middle of playing, though you are always reminded of how much time is left. And because the timer continues once you start it, regardless if you quit out of the game, I feel like I need to lock my doors, unplug the phone, and use the restroom before starting the trial. lol

i thought also, but when i go to that page it says i have 1 remaining download left so, i guessing i am getting 1 more game, maybe i am wrong but at that time i only had a 20gb PS3 but, unfortunately 4 months my PS3 broke, so i got a 120gb PS3, and i got infamous from the Welcome Back program because i try to download infamous on mine 20GB and couldn't do it! so infamous was easy to download

A little off topic...

Why is it that every time I try a new game out,such as GT 5 disc,there are like 23 updates,and it takes forever and a day to d/load and install.It's really a pita waiting for all that when all I wanna do is race!Anyway,after all the updates got it play it for a couple of hrs last night,and I love it!Maybe one of the best racing games I have ever played.

A little off topic...

Why is it that every time I try a new game out,such as GT 5 disc,there are like 23 updates,and it takes forever and a day to d/load and install.It's really a pita waiting for all that when all I wanna do is race!Anyway,after all the updates got it play it for a couple of hrs last night,and I love it!Maybe one of the best racing games I have ever played.

What I do with older games like that is just skip the updates the first time I play. It won't let you be connected to PSN while you do do that but you can still play offline. Then PS Plus will download and install all the patches for me overnight. After you have played a game one time PS Plus will keep it up to date from there on out.

I agree though. PS3 is notorious for long updates especially on older games. It seems to go much faster on 360. I tried to play Heavy Rain for the first time not to long ago and I had to sit through 45 minutes (no joke) of updates first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think it works that way. The time limit is locked to your account. I don't think you can just delete reinstall, and get a new time limit. You're not going to experience much of a game like Red Dead Redemption through a demo.

The real reason people pay for Playstation Plus is all the free games updated regularly. I have never downloaded a demo through it. Once a free game is tied to your account it's yours as long as you remain a member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i kinda disappointed again! i re-downloaded Red Dead Redemption its still say expired!

Once you start a 60-minute trial for a game and it times out, you will never get another chance to play it again -- unless you buy it or have a separate Plus membership on a different account. I actually prefer regular (un-timed) demos to the 60-minute trials, but the trials are better than nothing when there is no demo--and that's about all they are good for. They've certainly saved me quite a bit of money, as I have yet to buy a game I checked out with the trials. lol

Regarding numerous patches on games, I really like king3pj's suggestion. Wish I had thought of it sooner. I recently upgraded to a 1 TB HDD. Unfortunately the back up/restore tool failed on me (for the first time), so I wasn't able to restore all my original content (including game data installs and patches) to the state it was on the drive I removed. So in addition to redownloading all my digital games, the worst thing about this is now whenever I put in one of my older disc games, I have to wait through the install and the patching process. And another thing that's annoying, the Plus patching system doesn't automatically patch digital games after I redownload them. I have to have started them up. In other words, just sitting installed on the HDD without ever being played won't trigger the patching.