Playstation Plus Question

They seem to add a new Vita and PS3 game every week and take one of the old ones away when they do. As long as you keep your membership you keep the games. Sometimes they add more games at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i am kinda kicking myself for only getting the 3 month one!

You can add more months any time and not lose anything, even if you lapse for a while. Best Buy was running a deal where you get $10 off the annual $50 fee if you are a Rewards Zone member (which is free to sign up).

As far as rotating games in the IGC, Plus members are basically guaranteed 3 PS3 games per month and 1 Vita game per month. However, sometimes a PS3 game is a cross-buy (meaning it works on both PS3 and Vita), so it seems like we are getting more than one Vita game/month. Once every few months, we'll have a bonus PS3 game (or Vita or Vita-compatible PSP game) thrown at us for a limited time that doesn't technically become part of the IGC. The IGC always stays constant at 12 PS3 games and 6 Vita (not counting cross-buys). So whenever a game is added, another one is dropped. Note too that not every PS3 or Vita game that has a cross-platform version is made available on both systems when added to the IGC. It's pretty much hit and miss with no rhyme or reason.

AS great as PS+ sounds, I'm glad that I didn't sign up for it because I simply don't have the time to fully enjoy all of it's benefits. As a 360 Gold Member there really is no comparison in terms of value. Getting free games is so awesome. I REALLY hope that when the PS4 comes out and people are "forced" to do Plus that they don't take away all the cool perks due to lack of competition, as the "free" option will be wiped out.

Only time will tell how long they continue to do this (especially continue to include PS3 games in the IGC), but they've already committed to it in the short term, including adding free PS4 games to the IGC at launch. A stripped-down version of DriveClub has already been confirmed as the first free PS4 game, with others being drawn from the many indie titles shown at E3 in the months that follow.

Since they are now charging for online starting with the PS4,Sony almost has to keep the free games coming.

I actually only play a free Plus game (to the extent of beating it and beyond) about once every other month. But a lot of the value I get from Plus is from the deep discounts on games I buy and the backlog generated by both the free games and the discounted games, which means I never have to buy a new game day one at full price just to have something to play (I can hold out for discounts or for it to be offered free). The last AAA title I bought day one was Uncharted 3 (almost two years ago), which is now in the IGC.

i got a question i was looking at the time demo and its says i can't download some games because i own them, and i don't! is there anyway i fix that?

You can add more months any time and not lose anything, even if you lapse for a while. Best Buy was running a deal where you get $10 off the annual $50 fee if you are a Rewards Zone member (which is free to sign up). As far as rotating games in the IGC, Plus members are basically guaranteed 3 PS3 games per month and 1 Vita game per month. However, sometimes a PS3 game is a cross-buy (meaning it works on both PS3 and Vita), so it seems like we are getting more than one Vita game/month. Once every few months, we'll have a bonus PS3 game (or Vita or Vita-compatible PSP game) thrown at us for a limited time that doesn't technically become part of the IGC. The IGC always stays constant at 12 PS3 games and 6 Vita (not counting cross-buys). So whenever a game is added, another one is dropped. Note too that not every PS3 or Vita game that has a cross-platform version is made available on both systems when added to the IGC. It's pretty much hit and miss with no rhyme or reason.
i will keep mine eyes open for any deal, and yes, i am Rewards Zone member

i got a question i was looking at the time demo and its says i can't download some games because i own them, and i don't! is there anyway i fix that?

If the store says you "purchased" them, they'll stay in your download queue (under Transaction Management in the XMB) and can be redownloaded any time (so check there, maybe you have some free games you forgot about!). For games you DL'd for the 60-minute trial, they shouldn't say "Purchased" unless you did in fact buy them or get them free as a Plus member. Otherwise, you may have to contact Sony if that's something you wish to purchase now.

If the store says you "purchased" them, they'll stay in your download queue (under Transaction Management in the XMB) and can be redownloaded any time (so check there, maybe you have some free games you forgot about!). For games you DL'd for the 60-minute trial, they shouldn't say "Purchased" unless you did in fact buy them or get them free as a Plus member. Otherwise, you may have to contact Sony if that's something you wish to purchase now.
i did DL the MMA game like 2yr ago as normal demo, now it's won't let me play the 60-minute trial now is that normal?

i did DL the MMA game like 2yr ago as normal demo, now it's won't let me play the 60-minute trial now is that normal?

It definitely doesn't sound normal, but when I go to the PS Store's web site and search "MMA," I see two different games: Bellator MMA Onslaught (a PSN game), which has a free demo and no 60-minute trial, and EA Sports MMA, which only has a 60-minute trial (and no separate free demo, as some other games do). My guess is you maybe downloaded both at one time or another and have since mixed up the two games. I know there are countless games that I barely remember downloading the demo for any more.

this morning i woke up at 4, and seen mine Playstation was on so i got on and looked under my history some how it give me The Walking Dead Game Episode 1, with the unlock

this morning i woke up at 4, and seen mine Playstation was on so i got on and looked under my history some how it give me The Walking Dead Game Episode 1, with the unlock

You must have your PS Plus auto-updates set to download recommended games and videos. Episodes 1-2 of The Walking Dead were actually free to Plus members last summer, and oftentimes the first episode of these episodic point and click games are offered as a free demo to get you to buy the entire series. I'm pretty certain that's now the case with TWD.

2 more questions, today we got that Hitman game free and its like 18GB, and i only have 20GB free why can't i download it?, and if i delete a free game can re download it sometime in the fortune? under the download manager

I think this is how it works. You need more than the download size available. First it has to have enough room for the 18GB of downloaded files. Then you need space to install the game after everything is downloaded. If you want to install Hitman you will need to delete something else you are done with for now. This isn't a huge deal for most people because you can download a game as many times as you want once it is linked to your PSN account. If you ever get the urge to play again in the future you can just download and install again. Deleting the game will not delete your save files.

I'd also suggest deleting install data of games you don't play anymore. You know how some disc games require an installation before you can play them? Well that data just stays on your HDD. You may as well delete it if you don't have/play the games anymore. See this link for more info:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5784067_delete-data-ps3-hard-drive.html
?

Nice tip. I am out of space on my 160GB PS3 Slim due to all the free PS+ games I have downloaded over the last year. I do delete them when I'm done but even having the next 4 or 5 games I want to play downloaded and ready to go seems to be just about maxing out my hard drive space. I'm guessing the culprit is all of those ridiculous 4 and 5GB mandatory installations and updates that have been adding up over the years. The most frustrating part of being a PS3 gamer is putting in a new game and waiting 45 minutes for updates and installation before you can play. At least with updates you have the option of staying off PSN and playing without the update. You can then let PS+ download and install the update overnight so it's ready the next time you want to play. There is no way around the first time game installs though.

I will check it out tonight and delete the installation files for all the old games I'm done with. I wonder how much space I can reclaim.

2 more questions, today we got that Hitman game free and its like 18GB, and i only have 20GB free why can't i download it?, and if i delete a free game can re download it sometime in the fortune? under the download manager
My 500 GB drive is about full. Until I upgrade it for a TB or 2, all I do is start the download, and then cancel. The system registers the game as "purchased" so I can download it later as I desire.

I'd clear out some space, except that with 3 kids, chances are someone will want to play something at sometime. Besides, 1TB & 2TB drives are dirt cheap nowadays.

My 500 GB drive is about full. Until I upgrade it for a TB or 2, all I do is start the download, and then cancel. The system registers the game as "purchased" so I can download it later as I desire.

I'd clear out some space, except that with 3 kids, chances are someone will want to play something at sometime. Besides, 1TB & 2TB drives are dirt cheap nowadays.

I would upgrade to 1TB too if I wasn't already so close to retiring my PS3 and moving on to PS4. I do plan on putting a 1TB drive in the PS4 as soon as I get it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)