The PlayStation Vue Thread

I tend to agree. Of course a playstation 4 gives you the best experience but after that I recommend Fire TV or Apple TV.

I dont like Roku overall. The interface is cheap

I don't mind Vue on the Roku, simple, easy and my wife figured it out which is a miracle since see hates tech,.

Also live TV to us is secondary, we always binge watch everything, so Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Vudu is before Vue which she mostly uses for Food Network and me for the news and soon College and Pro Football, all other TV Series we wait until the season is done and watch them complete on those other services.

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
I don't mind Vue on the Roku, simple, easy and my wife figured it out which is a miracle since see hates tech,.

Also live TV to us is secondary, we always binge watch everything, so Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Vudu is before Vue which she mostly uses for Food Network and me for the news and soon College and Pro Football, all other TV Series we wait until the season is done and watch them complete on those other services.

What you will be using it for is where (I think) the limitations of the Roku app will show itself. Like you, the main reason I have any pay service is for college football. With the other Vue apps if you want to see what other games are on, the live game still plays in the background so you can at the least listen to it and keep up while you look for others.

With Roku, it kills the feed. For most programs that would not bother me. For sports it would very much.

When Michigan Football is on the channel does not change.

Great advice. Killing the current feed when changing channels would be a bummer for college football Saturday. I will dig into some video on YouTube on Vue on Fire TV.

With a Ps4 you get no Network apps and no skipp. The picture is slightly better though.

With PS4 you get multi-screen view (great for sports) and a fully functional remote (sold separately), which has a unique button assigned for virtually every menu function -- not sure why they didn't enable a skip, though. I have four devices that stream PS Vue (FireTV, Roku, PS4 and PS3) and PS4 is still my go-to device. There is a Watch ESPN and CBS Access app on PS4, but none of the other TV-network specific apps.

Vue just added the local ABC Station here (Detroit), so we get all the major networks except CW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zookster
They've supposedly added all local ABCs owned by E.W. Scripps, but not yet mine in San Diego, which meets that qualification. It's the only major network I'm missing.

ABC is the only local I get. No clue when the others might show up. CBS is Media General, CW is Sinclair, and FOX and NBC are Capital Broadcasting, a local company.

We got our CBS and Fox stations here in Columbus. I don't mind the NBC and ABC on demand. There's no commercials.

The only downside to the On Demand Networks we receive is, you can't watch live sports or DVR live sports.

While they (live sports) will not be on the on demand channel on Vue, they are on the TV Everywhere apps which Vue does allow authorization on.

For example, if a Michigan game is on ABC, it will be also be on the Watch ESPN app, all sports on Fox is on the Fox Sports Go app ( since I work on the weekends I bought a Roku Stick just for work to watch Michigan on Saturdays, Lions on Sundays)

Reactions: Gobucks
Seriously? No commercials?

It seems to depend on the show and the network from my experience. On Fox, watching Gotham, no commercials except for a 15-second promo during the commercial break time. On NBC, IIRC, no commercials if I waited 3-4 days after the new episode's air date (Sometimes my Blacklist recording failed from my local NBC, so I had to watch on demand). On ABC, watching S.H.I.E.L.D., I would wait a week until commercials got dropped from the new episode. Cable nets on demand offerings are similarly similarly hit-and-miss.

Just wondering, has anyone here compared Vue to other services like Sling or DirecTVNow and what made you choose Vue.
Many times.

I have had all mentioned and the new hulu live service.

Vue, for me, stands clearly above the others.

The pq is better (DirecTV now is close too), the number of streams at one time is higher.

The DVR works in every channel, and the channels that I want are available cheaper overall despite a higher base price. For example during football season, even though sling is cheaper initially , by the time I add the packs for the sports channels I would want then, it is higher than Vue.

Hulu covers the bases cheapest for me, but the interface is a nightmare imo, and it's in 30fps vs 60 on Vue, which isn't the best for sports.

So for me, Vue wins. My next choice would be DirecTV now, as it has improved since launch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)