Please Help!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ellena

Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Please Please Help!!!

Hi, all!

Can anyone PLEASE offer any help?

Last night, everything was working fine and had been for months/yrs. - and suddenly there was no signal available.

Environmentally, nothing changed that I can see. But now, when trying to reset my receiver, there is no signal from the satellite - with 0 signal strengh.

I've even tried unplugging the cable and plug off the DVR. Its the DirecTV DVR R10 model.

Nothing has really changed. There was no storm or high winds, so I don't think it moved. Plus, the 2 other TVs in the house without the DVR, but just the receivers are both working fine. So, I don't think its a reception issue.

DVR can still play recorded programs.

I've called DirecTV but they have not been helpful so far - just want me to pay $70 for a service person to come out.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ellena

Last edited:
Hi, all!

Can anyone PLEASE offer any help?

Last night, everything was working fine and had been for months/yrs. - and suddenly there was no signal available.

Environmentally, nothing changed that I can see. But now, when trying to reset my receiver, there is no signal from the satellite.

I've even tried unplugging the cable and plug off the DVR. Its the DirecTV DVR R10 model.

Nothing has really changed. There was no storm or high winds, so I don't think it moved. Plus, the 2 other TVs in the house without the DVR, but just the receivers works fine. So, I don't think its a reception issue.

DVR can still play recorded programs.

I've called DirecTV but they have not been helpful so far - just want me to pay $70 for a service person to come out.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ellena

Check first for signal levels. Also, switch the R10 with one of the units you know is working. If the R10 works then, you know it's not the R10, maybe a cable or connector somewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)