Please post pictures of your setups so we can see them

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
I also eliminated the crap. Yes dragon was out of line. It was funny with the first post, but coming on here saying "steroid use" because no head "could mutate like that"

I won't say whether or not that's me but here is the rest of the picture for your enjoyment

Sure looks like your typical UMD hockey fan!! (Or maybe N. Dak!!) :D

Go GOPHERS - It's Tournament Time!!

Iceburg, Your setup looks like my office setup on a smaller scale...

Nice Pictures... Your setup looks a lot like my office except with smaller dishes...

BTW Is there a such thing as TOO MANY DISHES???

I don't think so.... I Wish I had more room at home to put up more than 2.....

Oh Well.... I can dream... i got enough grief when I put up 75 Feet of tower at the house... The neighbors thought it was an eyesore..... They Think I am spying on them..... And listening to their phone conversations with the antenna array.... But I am just a ham radio operator trying to talk as far as possible....

siliconswamp said:
Nice Pictures... Your setup looks a lot like my office except with smaller dishes...

BTW Is there a such thing as TOO MANY DISHES???

NOPE...our HOA (Home Owners Ass'n) tried to pass a "one dish" rule. I was grandfathered with 5 (aww, how nice). They got mad when I showed them the FCC ruling. I did take one down (but left the pole up)..
I don't think so.... I Wish I had more room at home to put up more than 2.....

Oh Well.... I can dream... i got enough grief when I put up 75 Feet of tower at the house... The neighbors thought it was an eyesore..... They Think I am spying on them..... And listening to their phone conversations with the antenna array.... But I am just a ham radio operator trying to talk as far as possible....

They didnt like when I had a huge radio shack antenna up too. That one got damaged so I put a little one up temporarily

OK, so finally it's stop raining.
Here is my set up folks,

P.L

Attachments

• my dishes_front_2.jpg
    my dishes_front_2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 429
  • my dishes_back.jpg
    my dishes_back.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 321
  • my system.jpg
    my system.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 388
Very Nice PL..

Nice setup, how hard was it to use a direcpc dish to get the sats.... Just wondering, I think i have one floating around the shed somewhere that I want to lock down on a sat...

Sweet setup :)

siliconswamp.....it really isnt hard to aim a DirecPC dish. I have one at Galaxy3C (95) and it took about the same time aiming as the other dishes

Awesome... I am going to try that

BTW any suggestions on this....

I have the dish setup and am on the Arc... I am unfamiliar with the fortec star, I am used to the old BUD stuff.

Here is my dilema....

I can go into the sat setup mode pick a sat and aim it using the digiseq 1.2 mode. I have done this and stored positions for all sats that are on the arc in my view...

When I change channels on the fortec it says moving to.... And sat name etc... But I get no video and no audio.... New ot digiseqc....

BTW Fortec star lifetime ultra with Microyal H2H Mount....

Thanks

siliconswamp said:
Nice setup, how hard was it to use a direcpc dish to get the sats.... Just wondering, I think i have one floating around the shed somewhere that I want to lock down on a sat...

siliconswamp,
I love the direcpc dish man. It's much easier to setup and get signals than the big round 30" dish. It also has skew-angle setup so you have a lot of room to twist them around. I got 100% on quality using this dish.

P.L

Sounds good...

I had direc pc a long time ago before they had broadband availible in my area, I got rid of it as soon as I could because it was costing a fortune in having to have the dialup isp and direct...

I think they now moved to two way satellite setups....

I figured out my problem with the digiseqc... I had to reset the receiver to make it work, plus my coords were .7 degrees off for the Lon and .5 off on the lat.

USALS works great...if the coordinates are right :)

Don't worry...mine are screwed up too, and I dont want a master reset, so I use 1.2 now :)

I think my long is 93.2 and I put 93.0

Iceberg said:
Sweet setup :)

siliconswamp.....it really isnt hard to aim a DirecPC dish. I have one at Galaxy3C (95) and it took about the same time aiming as the other dishes
how hard is it to stick a standard KU lnbf on one of those direct pc dishes?

On the DIGISEQC... I say for it to store the satellite, do I have to give it a number at the top... Position #? It has a bunch of sats pre programmed in the fortec that all you have to do is tell it where and powerscan...

If I have to give them Numbers then I will have to reprogram the positions on the DIGISEQC anyhow....

What problem I am having is that when I change channels to a channel on another sat that it is not moving the dish.....

And it says in there 1.2 not disable or USALS....

Positions go properly when I move through to the position programmed in the receiver...

I am stumped... Or stupid... If I am missing something simpl,e :)

drhydro said:
how hard is it to stick a standard KU lnbf on one of those direct pc dishes?

I thought I was going to have to find out... but the LNB that comes with it works just fine as a standard KU lnbf.

Which means I have an extra, unused one sitting around.

charper1 said:
What does the D* dish provide? Didn't see any D* gear in the A/V cabinet.

It looks like a Phase II (or DirecPlus) dish...
The predecessor to the Phase III...and with the dish at 148 I'm assuming Dish Network
101 probably isnt used

Not as great a setup as Iceberg's but I am just starting :)

Attachments

• IMAG0046.JPG
    IMAG0046.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMAG0048.JPG
    IMAG0048.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 183
Looks a lot like the same setup as I have...

That setup looks a lot like the one that I have at home....
Nice pictures...

NOTE: I have been away from the computer all through spring break due to the fact that I left my power supply at the office... Will post the setup guide soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts