Please post pictures of your setups so we can see them

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just have finished getting this antenna in a good spot. Now if only I could have found my electrical tape for this photo...

Attachments

• dish_one.jpg
    dish_one.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 252
  • dish_two.jpg
    dish_two.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 338
Gotta Love that Electrical tape....

Nice,

I usually overuse the electrical tape.... :) I am going to bring home the digitalcamera and take some snapshots of my setup....

I use a 30" dish with a H/V Polarized and a Circularly Polarized LNB.

Circular is good for the music onsome of the E* Birds... There are a lot of music channels on there free, and of course NASA TV.... :) Gotta have my Nasa.....

Yessir, I'm headed to Radio $hack right now to get another spool of black tape. The wife & I enjoy the music on E* too. I am currently subscribed to Dish+locals and I'm going to drop the locals now that the FTA is up. The wife watches the "Desperate Housewives" so I had to sub the locals for her show. Now I can pocket that and catch it on G10R.

n4bbq said:
Yessir, I'm headed to Radio $hack right now to get another spool of black tape. The wife & I enjoy the music on E* too. I am currently subscribed to Dish+locals and I'm going to drop the locals now that the FTA is up. The wife watches the "Desperate Housewives" so I had to sub the locals for her show. Now I can pocket that and catch it on G10R.

First off...there is nothing "desperate" about those "housewives" :D

and on G10, you have 2 timezones to see it :) (East/Central and Mountain)

n4bbq, nice setup on the roof,
question how did you attach the second lnb?
is it a special bracket, or did you make something?

Here is my installation: Small dish on Nimiq1-2 91-82W and the other on IA5 97W. I want to mount a third one on the unused plate visible on the roof.

Attachments

• Nouvel emplacement 4 juillet 2004.jpg
    Nouvel emplacement 4 juillet 2004.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Soucoupe FTA (IA5, 97W) 30-05-2004.jpg
    Soucoupe FTA (IA5, 97W) 30-05-2004.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 264
It is homebrew. I have it set off a few inches from the LNBF. I can still use USALS and just doctor the degrees on those satellites until I get a strong signal. For example, I have E*119 at 113, E*110 at 104, etc.

Attachments

• dish_three.jpg
    dish_three.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 229
Very cool,
i was having trouble coming up with a desgin,
yours looks good
thanks

gopher2 said:
Very cool,
i was having trouble coming up with a desgin,
yours looks good
thanks

Just go to Home Depot or your favorite hardware store and buy a strip of aluminum. Just hold your LNB up there and find a sweet spot, eyeball it, and drill and mount. It'll work fine. The way those dishes are formed, you have RF splattering all over the place.

Post my installation here.

Attachments

• DSC03564.JPG
    DSC03564.JPG
    580.7 KB · Views: 134
I use a hose clamp to get to LNBFs together to get 110 and 119W. After that I mount the dish a slab of would then tilt that to get the skew right.

n4bbq said:
Just go to Home Depot or your favorite hardware store and buy a strip of aluminum. Just hold your LNB up there and find a sweet spot, eyeball it, and drill and mount. It'll work fine. The way those dishes are formed, you have RF splattering all over the place.

Here's a couple of shots I took of some rooftops in Rome this week. See how many fta dishes you can count. One of the students with me took a shot of a roof in Nice, France that blew me away. Wait until you see it! I'll upload it as soon as she e-mails it to me.

56k alert. These files are huge.

Attachments

• DSC01647.JPG
    DSC01647.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC01648.JPG
    DSC01648.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 217
This is part of the work setup, there are a 3 more dishes around the back of the building, but this is the the main fleet.

Attachments

• DSC01819a.jpg
    DSC01819a.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 286
Wow! That little roof was MADE for satellite dish, very nice picture.

Yea, its the roof over my porch..

I do not intend on keeping them there, as I want to put them on the peak of the building (so they are not quite as obvious)

The 80cm Fortec star isnt pointed correctly at the moment, its way too low. It was pointed at 127 but with the Phase2 there (pointing currently at 110 and 119), it would have been in the way.. I am working on getting that pointed at IA5 instead, but its at least 20 degrees higher than its pointed at right now.

But, a better vantage point I could not get, its almost perfectly aimed at my magnetic south, right at the clarke belt :) I only have a church steeple in the way of some of the stuff in the 130+ area (as 127 is just to the left of it) Everything else is pretty clear

Moving the dishes up about 10 feet, may help me clear it, actually but makes it more difficult to get to them for maintenance... At least my landlord will be happier that they will be out of sight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)