Please post pictures of your setups so we can see them

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The motor is like mine and is upside down. Flip it and you'll be good to go. The setup looks good and thanks for the photos. I really am enjoying seeing all the setups. Thanks Scott.

ultatryon, cheers for the pics - especially the last, I'm surprised that the NEC VR is sitting at the heart of it all.

That'd make a very interesting toy with the devkit (I'm sure my wife would disagree).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Well let me try flipping over the motor that might make a difference. :)

I'm trying my hardest not to laugh or comment on this or make a joke about being south of the equator so I'll leave it up to someone else :)

Oh well, I tried. :D

You should have seen me setting it up, I had the receiver and a laptop with TV tuner outside so that I could get it working. After I had it working I sat outside watching TV on my laptop and not understanding a damn word they were saying. :D

well here i am jumping in with Post #50... my set up sort of.. lets see if this works... just remember this was done totaly by me someone who doesnt know sqwat about sats and things but learns qwick..

the wood post idea came from someone else around here that left it behind. so i took it.. and left the d*network mount on it.

the dish is 80 cm .. and the lnb is one i got from ice..

the tv is one i just picked up for free its a sony trinitron xbr 32" that is hd/ready.

Attachments

• PHTO0037.JPG
    PHTO0037.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 242
  • PHTO0036.JPG
    PHTO0036.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 221
  • PHTO0034.JPG
    PHTO0034.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 208
Hi,

They are nice pictures and installation.

I know the dish and motor are pretty heavy and I notice you installed the them on wood post. It may bend the wood with time.

If I were you, I would put the metal support on other side of the wood to make it balance. What do you think?

Michael

air88 said:
Hi,

They are nice pictures and installation.

I know the dish and motor are pretty heavy and I notice you installed the them on wood post. It may bend the wood with time.

If I were you, I would put the metal support on other side of the wood to make it balance. What do you think?

Michael

It will also move naturally with moisture and temperature variations. I work with wood everyday and it 'breathes and flexes' much more than you realise. Depending on the type of wood, it can be like aiming an arrow at a moving target. :D

Yep! It would not pass a SBCA check on a wooden post, but really if/when it moves over time you will SOON notice (Your true south bird will be out slightly out of whack ) then a minor adjustment will take care of it. I go up and check mine every few months and it has never moved yet! (No Fun) No Biggie! Thanks for showing us Doc! NICE pictures!

Where do you get FREE TV's

I would like to ammend to PSBs comment.. I know where to get FREE TVs, but I would like to know where to find FREE HD-Ready XBR TVs!

Very nice pictures Doc! (I knew that LNB would come in handy :)

I'll have some new ones this weekend....now that its warm out (well, WAS warm out)...I cleaned up alot of cables and stuff so we will have some new ones soon :)

let see.. were to start...

Free tv's.... well there is a web site here in the twin cities for people to give away things.. recyling via the internet.. i got may may things off the web site.. it is manly hit or miss as to getting things.. but i have had my fare share of luck.... PSB and ICE ... i will pm you the link if you would like

in fact right now i can get a 8' "Birdview system" see pics below..

i dont know if i can pick this up or not.. but its mine if i can get it..

Attachments

• PICT0130.JPG
    PICT0130.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT0132.JPG
    PICT0132.JPG
    787.6 KB · Views: 206
  • PICT0133.JPG
    PICT0133.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 185
Ok I turned my motor over today on my setup and what a f'ing difference it made! :D

I only had like 45 minutes to screw around with it but it seems like it is tracking the arc properly! I setup 4 satellites in the time I fiddled with it and by just going into the channel guide the dish was swinging back and forth hitting the signal each and every time!

Imagine that!

I don't think the NCALS is correct on my Dish though, because when I punch in like the 101 bird and then try going to the 61.5 bird the dish only moves a couple of clicks. However the 1.2 is working fine. :D

I still need to upgrade my firmware in my setup to the latest version I was going to do it today by my new laptop does not have serial ports on it. :(

Why its funny how good things work when they are setup correctly!

Not all the satellites seem to work with USALS on the Fortec I noticed, with two or three of them I have to use DiSEqC 1.2, its mainly the satellites at the extremes of the ark, maybe its a safety issue, they want you to move your dish manually (DiSEqC 1.2) in case your dish hits something...... I could be wrong.... : )

That is one SWEET looking dish, its like one the "The Jetsons" would use! I ran the pictures by the female of the species and she is not impressed. Send me the link Doc : ) (Please)

If you have the time and room go for it. Find a U-Haul and a friend. Check out this link.
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=birdview+satellite&

Looks like some kind of C band LNB but not standard. There are many parts out there for pime dishs that I bet you can get this going for under $50 on C band.

Take some close up pics as a ref to help reinstall it.

Good luck if you do and keep us posted!

docj2005 said:
let see.. were to start...

Free tv's.... well there is a web site here in the twin cities for people to give away things.. recyling via the internet.. i got may may things off the web site.. it is manly hit or miss as to getting things.. but i have had my fare share of luck.... PSB and ICE ... i will pm you the link if you would like

in fact right now i can get a 8' "Birdview system" see pics below..

i dont know if i can pick this up or not.. but its mine if i can get it..

New pictures :)

For the last couple of weekends, I was getting everything tidied up (from the winter I had cables laying on the roof). So I finally ziptied alot of them

These are taken from the roof of "Casa du Iceberg" (yes, the roof holds me :)

From the left
18" at 61.5 (for must carry)
30" hotdish at Galaxy 10
(in the background) DirecPC dish for G3
Dish500 for Dish
StarChoice 75e dish (37x27) for StarChoice
30" motorized with KU and DBS LNB's on it (aimed at SBS6 ion the picture)

-Couple closeups of the KU & DBS LNB held together by a hose clamp :)
-The DirecPC dish
-2x1 switch that comes from the motor to the 2 LNB's
-all the cables running off the roof to a couple holes in the house :D

Last edited:
a pic of my setup

Here (finally) is a pic of my setup.

Attachments

• sat6.JPG
    sat6.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 271
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)