Please post pictures of your setups so we can see them

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was going to post a link to all my webshots but I haven't made enough posts yet. Let's try it this way :D

go to webshots. select 'gallery' tab and search for spyderwerks.

I'll probably be replacing the Ultra with a Coolsat unit and moving the 1 meter dish to the yard beside the DVB dish in a week or so.

edited to say. Actually the link is in my sig line below. :p

charper1 said:
Lets see if my webshots account will let me do the link for you:

Thanks charper1 .
I actually noticed after I made the previous post that the link in my signature line was actually a link to my webshots. I had forgotten that I put that there. :p

Cool shots, Spyder.. I just got a new windows background : ) Those are the best pics I have seen. I have to ask what is with the invacom on the the mesh dish if you have a 1meter with an invacom and also have a norsat ku on the mesh? Just to run independent receivers?

Actually they all operate on the main receiver via the 4X diseqc. The Norsat ku lnb is only a standard 11.7 to 12.2 lnb. The Invacom gives me the ability to catch the lower band atlantic ku signals with the benefit of the large gain 10ft antenna. I get booming quality on that rig.

As for the seperate dishes,I like beeing able to watch more than one news feed at at time :D

Excellent pictures, I have never seen Invacom/DBS LNB's used like this. I have heard of people doing it but its fantastic to see it close up, GREAT WORK!

ultatryon, what's that box in the first pic?
Looks like some kind of quasi-PC with the SODIMM slot and the ATX connector.
Oooh, even has pinouts for an IDE port.
I want one, whatever it is.

That is a Motorola DCT5100/1000 High-Definition Cable Converter.

It was Motorolas first Hi-Def box.. no DVI, no Firewire, just componant output.

The current version is the 6200/6208/6412, which has Firewire, DVI, and in the 08 and 12, have DVR. I think the 5100 had a manufacturing option for DVR as well (as you can see the spot for IDE), but it was never used.

Any idea what it's running in there? I have the 6208 but I can't really take it apart as it belongs to Cox.
Do you have anymore info on it? a nice hi-res pic of the entire motherboard would be very nice :)

Unfortunately, I do not have the DCT5100 any longer, however I can snap some photos of a DCT6208.

I work for my cable company, and I have the proper tools. I will do it in a few minutes, and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok, I added a few images of the 6208, and they are in the same album

OK here is my setup.

The FTA setup went in yesterday. It took me all day to do, and its still not tracking the arc properly. I am able to get Globecast and a bunch of other things on IA5.

To get it I used USALS, I put the Dish on the mount then went into USALS entered my longitude 43.7w and latitude of 41.1n then told the receiver 9Lifetime Ultra) to go to IA5. Then I turned the dish until I got it in. :)

However if I go to 61.5 the dish only moves a few clicks so something is not setup correctly. I still have some tweeking to do.

Anyways here is the Dish Farm here at SatelliteGuys Headquarters in Connecticut. :D

Attachments

• scottsfarm1.jpg
    scottsfarm1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 212
  • scottsfarm2.jpg
    scottsfarm2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 176
  • scottsfarm3.jpg
    scottsfarm3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 232
  • scottsfarm4.jpg
    scottsfarm4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 135
  • scottsfarm5.jpg
    scottsfarm5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 155
  • scottsfarm6.jpg
    scottsfarm6.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 204
  • scottsfarm7.jpg
    scottsfarm7.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 193
Great pictures! The LNBF on the Fortec/Motorized dish should be straight up and down, as it skews its self as the dish/motor moves, but like you said you are still tweaking. But you are off to a GREAT start!

Ahh the manual said I should turn the LNB 30 degrees clockwise, which is why I turned it as I did. :)

My receiver needs a firmware update as its really old and does not have a lot of the satellites listed in it. So I will try picking up a cable for it this weekend. I guess this update also fixes the clock problem, the clock on this unit is always off. Its strange having a digital clock that does not keep the correct time.

BTW if anyone from CT knows this dish and motor and wants to help me track the arc please let me know. :)

ultatryon said:
Umm.. is that photo upside down? or is the motor upside down?

Photo is not upside down.

Is the motor upside down?

That could be a good reason why it's not tracking the arc. :)

Can someone tell me if it is indeed upside down?

As far as I know, it is supposed to have the pole going down, not up. I am not 100% sure on this (as I dont have my motor yet), but the images I have seen show it down.

Yes Scott its "inverted" I was not MAN enough to tell you.......don't shoot the messenger : )

Its the Satcontrol SM3D12

Scott Greczkowski said:
BTW if anyone from CT knows this dish and motor and wants to help me track the arc please let me know. :)

Where abouts in Connecticut? I live in New London, and I might be able to lend a hand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)